About shuttle 🚀
We are building the fastest backend development experience. shuttle is an open source cloud platform for developing and deploying apps with zero infra hassle.
We are replacing container technology, that almost every other cloud platform relies on, with something more lightweight and simple, resulting in the fastest deploy times ever. We are talking tens of minutes down to milliseconds. This is a game changer for developer productivity - cutting down those development cycles once and for all.
We have thousands of developers in our community incl. engineers from some of the top companies and are about to launch shuttle beta. We’re backed by some of the best investors in the world, including Y Combinator and YC Continuity, HorizonVC, Abstraction Capital, Global Founders Capital, Founders of Segment, Sendbird, Head of Product at DataDog and other successful founders and executives.
You’ll be part of the team that spearheads the development of a brand-new console aimed at web developers and backend engineers.
- Spearhead a new project for a powerful console web application that presents our users with clear information about their deployments on the platform.
- Exchange directly with our designers and implement Figma designs to specifications, and coordinate reviews of the end result with other members of the team as relevant.
- Design and write clean client-side code and reusable front-end components that will form the basis of all your subsequent front-end projects.
- Collaborate closely with the API and framework team to adjust the specifications of our internal APIs to the needs of your projects.
- Interact with users and community members, triaging and discussing their feedback and their experience.
- Help with the maintenance of our public-facing Rust backend services, learning about Rust and backend development, and committing as much code as you can to our platform code base.
- Working 100% remotely is an option. If you’re based in London (or are relocating), in office working is also an option; or anywhere in between!
- We use Discord as our main communication platform, both internally and with our users and our community. You’ll interact with members of our community and our users to make sure engineering design and goals are aligned with their needs.
- We’re a 100% open-source company. You’ll help the broader OSS community and ecosystem by contributing where appropriate to upstream projects that we depend on. You’ll help in maintaining our own projects, triaging issues and helping contributors.
Since every person is unique, your experience may not entirely match every point in this list. So even if you are missing a few of them, we want to hear from you!
- 1+ years of professional experience working on the frontend of a production-ready web application with an active user base.
- At least an intermediate knowledge of one of the React-based front-end frameworks. A track record of previous successful projects or professional experience will help.
- Prior (personal or professional) experience using BaaS platforms or building full stack web applications on AWS (or similar).
- Some knowledge of the kinds of virtualisation technologies commonly used in PaaS platforms for deploying backends is a plus (containers, virtual machines and their orchestration, etc).
- A track record of contributing to open-source projects on GitHub is a plus.
- An interest to learn more about backend, Rust and performance-sensitive applications with compiled languages.
- Ability to work quickly and rigorously in a fully remote setting and to manage your own time.
- Ability to interact with the rest of the team during some of the work hours compatible with GMT +/-3.
- Be an excellent communicator for technical subjects and issues, both in writing and verbal.
- Prior exposure to Agile project management is a plus.
- Meaningful equity
- Fully remote, flexible working hours and workdays
- Flexible holidays and paid time off
- Mental and physical health stipend
- Educational and self-development budget
- Support for attending and presenting at relevant conferences
- Health insurance
- Awesome work-from-home setup & equipment
- Regular company off-sites
- Weekly remote-friendly socials (games and more)