You will work directly with one of our co-founders to define, improve, and expand our software development capabilities, strategy, processes, and analytics.
A remote-first experience done right. Join our rapidly growing team of over 40+ fully remote staff who are mostly located in Buenos Aires, Argentina, while at the same time receive exceptional opportunities for career growth working on products and features with a direct impact on the success of our companies. You will join the team building the fastest growing franchise and small business data platform in the United States.
We are comprised of two companies:
- Vetted Biz
converts analytical data and complex business material into clear, easy-to-understand information to power the business buying process for new and experienced entrepreneurs alike.
- Visa Franchise
is the leading advisor for identifying and analyzing businesses in the United States for the E2 investor visa.
Our two websites attract over 125,000 organic visitors combined per month and growing, with a clear roadmap to increase organic traffic to over 500,000 by the end of 2023. You will be working with several other very capable departments to achieve this milestone.
You are curious, collaborative, looking to grow, and ready to take ownership over an entire codebase and delivering an end-to-end solution.
· 7+ years of experience with full stack development skills
· Strong skills & experience with Cloud AWS infra (EC2, RDS, S3 Storage, etc.)
· Experience working with a team. Ideally experience leading a team or mentoring software engineers
· Implements various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
· Knowledge on git integrations (CD&CI is a plus)
· MySQL (or other database management systems)
· Extensive experience in custom web application development
· Ability to understand business requirements and the non-technical reasoning behind a decisions or position, and then present a clear, rational argument in favor of a proposed solution
· Advanced testing, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry work experience
· Test-driven development experience
· Experience with WordPress
· Web servers Tomcat, Apache, and OpenLiteSpeed is a plus
· Research, design, and implement technical specifications for projects based on user requirements as indicated in scope of work, wireframes, and sitemap documents.
· Lead a small development team through implementation of best software development practices
· Ensure projects are built to meet performance, security, and functional requirements
· Oversee the development and maintenance of websites, intranets, applications, and other custom programming assignments as applicable
· Develop new programs, analyze current programs and processes, and making recommendations
· Provide analysis on current programs which includes performance, diagnosis, troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming
· Perform backend/database programming for key projects
· Stay up to date on industry standards and incorporate them appropriately
· Assist with testing, debugging, documentation, and overall quality assurance of projects
· Review and implement processes on lifecycle of the code
Location: Remote-first (work from home), though ideally you are based in Buenos Aires, Argentina as the majority of our team is based there.
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits:
· Competitive salary package (USD)
· Generous non-monetary compensation and perks, including but not limited to: semi-annual company retreats, minimum 15 days floating holidays, plus all national U.S. holidays, ongoing educational learning sponsorship, English language lessons, and personal financial literacy course sponsorship
· Additional offerings: a dynamic work environment, a high level of autonomy, the ability to continue developing your career and skills, and clear expectations for success.