You will help manage the Control Center of Excellence (COE) supporting the BU Tech Risk teams. This includes defining and executing the technology strategy, representing the BU in IT governance forums, and working with operations risk teams to holistically manage risk. In this role, you will be performing proactive risk and control assessments, monitoring technology controls, documenting and overseeing remediation plans, consulting on technology control readiness, and engaging with internal/external audit.
You will report to the Control Center of Excellence (COE) Lead. The team oversees the management of controls and the mitigation of risk related to the technology environment, systems, and processes. Technology Risk is part of the broader Fidelity Risk Group and partners with Corporate Audit, Enterprise Compliance, and Security to protect the interests of our customers, our employees, and Fidelity’s brand. You will also work closely with Fidelity technology and business owners, Business Unit (BU) Compliance teams, Enterprise Cybersecurity (ECS), BU Information Security Officers (ISOs), and Fidelity external auditors and regulators.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 5-7 years’ experience in information technology, risk, cyber security, cloud, cryptocurrency controls or audit roles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Finance, or a related field of study preferred
- Demonstrated technical abilities in multiple areas (e.g., technology infrastructure and application controls, cyber security, access management, network and cloud, resiliency, etc.)
- Professional technology risk certification desired but not required (CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM)
- You have a strong knowledge of information technology processes, cloud security controls and a comprehensive understanding of risk, quality control and assurance functions.
- Your love of solving complex problems, and comfort with ambiguous situations, and your ability to help solution innovative ways to mitigate risk using your advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Your process orientation and understanding of operations and technology enabling you to provide support in the analysis, development and monitoring of controls
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills enabling you to prepare and present recommendations to senior management
- Your ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with Information Technology and Business personnel to design and assist in the execution of appropriate controls design and monitoring
The Value You Deliver
- Assessing the various information technology risks that the business faces in its operations and implement action plans, policy and procedural changes for risk avoidance and mitigation
- Evaluating control maturity by performing control design and operating effectiveness reviews and peer reviewing as needed.
- Conducting in depth information technology risk assessments including documenting controls, identifying potential gaps and/or inconsistencies and making sound recommendations for improvement and/or mitigation.
- Proactively identifying risk by performing IT General Control (ITGC) readiness assessments for externally audited systems
- Provide technical assistance on risk related systems issues, and serve as a liaison for technology risk management
- Determining appropriate KPIs/KRIs for IT risk monitoring
- Understanding and consulting on information security standards and industry best practices
- Answering questions from internal and external Audit on information technology controls
- Tracking action steps and ensure that findings are remediated appropriately and in a timely manner
- Participate develop and lead application code and test code reviews with Analytics team will be an added advantage
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.