How you will make an impact
As our Senior Solutions Engineer, you will consult development teams at leading global brands looking to adopt Hygraph. You will closely work with our Senior Account Executives to win new enterprise customers and guide CTOs and Software Engineers on how to optimally use Hygraph in their ambitious projects and be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts. You will report directly to our Team Lead of Sales Engineering. Your prior experience as a Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, and Pre-Sales Engineer, with a background as Software Developer will help you shape the future of our rapidly growing company.
This is NOT a Software Developer position, but rather Sales, with a Software Developer background. Hence, you will then be part of the Sales Team.
Our Sales team is focused on generating new revenues by prospecting, qualifying, consulting, and, ultimately, signing new mid-market and enterprise-grade customers across industries and regions. As a company, we are focused on product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user-facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack.
Some of your tasks and responsibilities:
- Supporting the sales process from a technical point of view and presenting Hygraph technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers.
- Showcasing developer functionality to prospects, as well as how modern technical frameworks work together with Hygraph.
- Advising new customers on their solution approach, be it the initial Hygraph setup, choice of frontend, or 3rd party tool integrations.
- Maintaining a broad and deep technical understanding of the product roadmap and the underlying technologies and use cases.
- Conducting technical workshops and onboardings, as well as pre-sales to convey product knowledge.
- Helping the sales team to win new enterprise customers and earning commissions accordingly.
What we expect from you:
- At least 5 years of previous experience in front-end web development and as a B2B sales engineer of an API-led software product.
- Experience working with enterprise clients or enterprise sales.
- Familiarity with modern application-building technologies (ex. GraphQL, React, Next.js, Svelte, etc.), software development approaches (ex. microservice architecture, serverless), and, optimally, database architecture.
- Genuine interest in how our customers and prospects have chosen to build their software infrastructure and enjoys helping solve their problems.
- Very good communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts concisely.
- Great to have: Experience with SaaS products targeting enterprise customers.
- Intro call with Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s).
- Case study presentation.
- Team Fit call and Reference check.
- Job Offer.
The response time after application, screening applications, and setting up the first intro call is usually within 1-2 weeks. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
At Hygraph we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Dr. Oetker, Shure, Samsung, Ashley Furniture, Telenor, Philips, and Gamescom. With over $35M in funding led by One Peak, alongside OpenOcean, Peak, and SquareOne Venture Capital, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of about 70 team members, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
We are an international and friendly team spread across 18 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat. We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership. We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
Working at Hygraph
- Our teams are passionate about our product.
- Self-motivation, trust, and collaboration is the driving factor for our success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership.
- We have a workstation budget to support the remote work on top of providing the latest company IT equipment (e.g. Macbook).
- We are curious, risk-takers, and we experiment with our ideas and make things happen.
- We work together to provide optimal solutions for our users and adapt to the people and market needs.
- Our flexible working model encourages us to work according to what works best for us and maintain an excellent work-life balance.
- We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
- We encourage coming together once a year for team meet-ups and/or events.
Hygraph is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.