Are you a DevOps engineer who is passionate about deploying and maintaining scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS and Kuberentes? If so, we are an innovative, people centric consumer finance business with an excellent opportunity for you!
We're looking for a technically skilled and versatile Lead DevOps Engineer with a passion for building and maintaining quality CI/CD solutions to aid the growth of Shelby Finance services. CI/CD is essential to the business to shorten development cycles and allow for faster innovation.
Working remotely from home, you will manage a team of two DevOps Engineers and will work primarily with Kubernetes, Linux systems and AWS services. You will have experience with Terraform for building and deploying AWS infrastructure and DevOps orientated knowledge covering Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment best practices. In addition to building the AWS platform, maintained and supported using infrastructure as code, continuous integration, automated testing and automated deployment.
You will be a DevOps Engineer with an innovative attitude to contribute heavily to a close-knit team of developers, testers and designers in an Agile environment. To succeed here you will love working at pace, you will be able to adapt and be agile, and enjoy working with innovative products and systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career within a technology driven business that really does enables new ideas. In exchange, you will work with cutting edge technologies and will be given the time to develop your own projects and work toward industry qualifications.
In the position of Lead DevOps Engineer you will:
- Work with developers to design and implement pipelines and infrastructure as code (Terraform) based on their requirements
- Work with SecOps to implement best security practices in pipelines and in our AWS infrastructure
- Work to improve observability across our platform
- Maintain our Kubernetes clusters and keeping everything up to date
- Support and mentor DevOps engineers in the team
In addition, you will play a key role in applying a modern approach to engineering that enables continuous delivery across the group. Creating strategies and roadmaps to influence the business change programme, and identifying opportunities for innovation, research and development.
What we Offer
- Shelby Finance is a great place to work: we are an innovative financial Services business authorised and regulated by the FCA and the digital division of the Morses Club brand with a history dating back 130 year.
- We offer fantastic professional development opportunities, dedicated personal development time, new skills growth, technical training, and certifications.
- Our people receive 25 days holiday with the option to buy and sell holidays.
- Other benefits include life assurance (4x salary), long service awards, health cash plan, company share scheme, pension up to 7 % matching contribution, 24/7 employee assistance, Perkbox membership providing 200 perks, discounts and freebies.
- We provide opportunities to work with some of the most exciting technology brands: we have technology experience with .Net, (APIs running on Kubernetes) AWS (EKS/Serverless/DocumentDB/Aurora/Kinesis/CloudFront etc), React, GitLab CI to name a few.
- Our Cloud Architecture Team have the flexibility of working remotely from home, are provided with home-office equipment and supported with a virtual induction and regular team and business-wide interaction.
- Experience of providing technical support and leadership within a DevOps team
- Kubernetes - a deep understanding of the components of the core system and a solid appreciation of the ecosystem as a whole
- Helm – experience with managing deployments to Kubernetes through Charts
- AWS – EKS, EC2 and container services in particular, combined with experience using ‘serverless’ services such as lambdas, SNS, SQS and API gateways. An excellent understanding of VPCs and related resources
- Terraform – management of infrastructure through code, utilising a modular based and environment agnostic approach
- Docker / Kaniko – ability to define and build minimal images in a security conscious manner
- CI/CD pipelines – excellent understanding of CI/CD pipelines and ability to create efficient, security conscious automated processes within the SDLC
- Scripting in Bash and at least one of Python, Ruby or Golang
- Linux – ability to troubleshoot issues within the operating system, good knowledge of standard tools
- Good knowledge of Cloud based architecture design patterns
- Observability – experience with Open Telemetry, ADOT, AWS X-RAY, AWS Cloudwatch within the context of Kubernetes
- Prometheus – experience with managing shipping of metrics to external sources from within Kubernetes environments using Prometheus
- Grafana – a good understanding of visualising metrics from multiple data sources using Grafana
We’re a growing, forward-thinking consumer finance business offering alternative digital customer-focused products to over 40,000 non-standard finance customers. We thrive on innovation and like working with people who get excited about harnessing the power of digital products and innovative technologies who share the same vision; to deliver fair, straightforward financial products and great customer service.
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Lead DevOps Engineer, click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!