Your core tasks
- Develop and improve the automation of data services for the a9s Data Services product. Those include: PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, OpenSearch, Fluentd, RabbitMQ, Redis, Prometheus.
- Architect and develop support infrastructure such as CI/CD pipelines and testing environments.
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs in the provided data services.
- Introduce new major versions of the provided data services and implement required upgrade / migration paths.
- Provide third-level customer support.
What you can contribute
- 3+ years professional experience, especially in operating and administrating one or more of the following data services: PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, OpenSearch, RabbitMQ, Redis.
- Advanced Linux experience.
- Basic programming skills.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Proficiency with shell scripting.
- Completed education in the IT field.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
What we are offering
- You can choose your individual workplace and organize your flexible work time. Including working remotely from home.
- Comprehensive and individual training. You can choose further training offers, for example via certifications, conferences, meetups, and much more.
International team and English as company language
- Take English or German classes during working time.
- Visa sponsoring for non-EU citizens.
- Exchange cultural habits [and delicious food ;-)] with your team members since they have various cultural backgrounds.
- You are invited to actively participate in workshops, conferences and meetups such as KubeCon or CNCF Meetups to present and discuss your innovative design and implementation approaches with the community and represent the company.
- Use the opportunity to produce content such as technical articles, videos or talk proposals featuring your own research, design and development to let the community know about you, your expertise, and the product(s) you’re working on.
Family and Professional Life
- Profit from our family friendly and family-like atmosphere. We also give the opportunity to work part-time, let us know if that’s what you wish during the recruiting process. Since dogs are an integral part of our work environment they are also welcome in our offices. In addition, in our office rooms we offer physical training possibilities and relaxing areas to free your mind.
More about this job
Cloud Computing has changed the way applications are being developed and how services are being operated. The a9s Data Services team has always been part of this change by leveraging popular open source data management solutions and making them consumable on modern Application Developer Platforms (commonly known as Platform-as-a-Service). Our highly automated and fully managed on demand service offerings are used by enterprise customers that have strong requirements regarding scalability and availability.
Our international and cross-functional team is composed of individuals from various fields and levels of experience. Our knowledge and expertise covers a wide spectrum including an excellent understanding of cloud infrastructures and many different data services for PostgreSQL, MariaDB, OpenSearch and Redis to name a few.
In order to be able to deliver such high-quality products to enterprise customers, the team lives up to high standards and fully embraces lean and agile values with focus on continuous learning and improvement. Thereby, our colleagues are always keen to share their insights and lessons learned from researching new trends and experimenting with latest technologies with the community at international conferences like KubeCon or Cloud Foundry Summit and via various media channels.
In this team, you will be working with the latest cloud technologies and applying modern, transparent and professional software development processes like pairing sessions, code reviews, test driven development, continuous integration and deployment, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you, even if you only partially match the requirements.