We are looking for Senior Technical Instructors:
Our Software Engineering Immersive course is a life-changing educational experience where
our students learn the skills and mindsets to take on new careers as web developers. We
growing instructional team.
Why teach our Software Engineering Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for software
development with the next generation of developers, we’d love for you to consider joining our
team. We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for teachers who share our
vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As a full-time
teacher for our flagship full-time web development program, you will join us on one of our
many campuses to:
● Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous,
transformational journey towards apprenticeship in software development.
● Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our
world-class instructional coaches.
● Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own
continued learning beyond the curriculum.
● Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own
lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
● Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various
needs and learning styles of your students.
What do we teach?
We adapt both our curriculum and local approach to the technical trends and hiring
environment of the times and cities we work in, but today our primary educational approach
evolution of software engineering. We start by teaching the fundamentals of programming
front-end MV* frameworks (Backbone, Angular, Ember, React). We also cover all sorts of
other things that junior web developers need to know, like source control, team collaboration,
and developer workflow.
We give students the chance to spend focused time building at least 2 major projects, in
addition to other smaller projects and labs. About 20% of overall class time is spent on
dedicated project work.
Skills and Qualifications
● You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to
figure something out.
● You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of
● You have at least 3+ years of experience working on a software development team.
● Familiarity with Computer Science topics, such as: Recursion, Sorting, Search,
Linked Lists, Stacks and queues, Sets, Trees, Search Tries, Graphs, Hash tables,
and Design patterns
● You have working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are
● HTML and CSS
● At least one JS MV* framework (React preferred)
● SQL databases (we generally use PosgreSQL)
● NoSQL (we generally cover MongoDB and Redis)
Responsibilities and Duties
● Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with
meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
● Work alongside Masai School staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and
learning styles of your students.
● Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their
abilities to hiring managers.
● Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, and positive classroom community.
● Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set