We are JOIN, Europe’s fastest-growing HR Tech company with over 45,000 clients in 6 countries and over 100,000 jobs posted.
Our ambition is to change the way Small & Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) hire on a global scale. We want to level the playing field so SMBs can have the same hiring advantages as big companies. Great companies are built with great people and there are over 25 million SMBs in Europe alone.
We are a mighty team of 90 passionate colleagues and our mission is to democratise hiring by building the world’s most widely used talent attraction software. We believe in building a diverse team of people from different backgrounds. Join us!
In the context of our impressive growth and international expansion, we are now looking for a Head of Finance who will be responsible for maximizing the cost efficiency of our multi-currency accounting setup. Our current finance department is at an early stage and we would like to build a world class department. Specifically, you will be tasked to
- Lead the expansion into new markets from an accounting and taxation perspective together with our external advisors
- Develop a group transfer pricing policy and inter company charges for international entities
- Independently own and optimize the processes relating to the accounts payable and receivable functions as well as internal and annual audits
- Reliably handle the month-end closing for our German and Swiss entities
- Maintain responsible and sustainable liquidity and payment management processes while ensuring compliance with all relevant financial regulations
- Monitor budgets and cash flows across the business in order to be able to enforce compliance with the relevant KPIs
- Optimizing controlling and reporting processes and tools with a focus on delivering insightful and actionable data
- Maximize accounting process automation and constantly screen the business for cost optimization opportunities
In order to be successful in this role we believe that you should have
- An analytical mindset and an eye for the details but paired with business acumen allowing you to balance interests
- Strong track record of leveraging analytical and digital tools in order to automate and monitor finance related data and processes
- Experience leading a controlling and/or accounting function in a software business, ideally involving multiple (international) entities and/or a Swiss entity
- Experience dealing with multi-currency accounts and cash flows and the respective tax and legal implications
- Strong proficiency in German accounting and taxation regulation and best practices
- A track record of being a reliable and dependable advisor to the leadership team
- Ideally German and English speaker
- A relaxed and professional work environment
- A varied role and the opportunity to grow together with JOIN
- Inspiring, diverse, highly motivated and international working atmosphere
- The unique opportunity to revolutionize the recruiting industry with a rapidly growing company
- Cool office in the famous Kulturbrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg - standing desks for everyone!
- Latest and best hardware
- Hybrid working mode:
- If you are an office first employee (3+ days a week): 600€ yearly mobility budget for either Rydes or BVG Card
- 4 weeks "work from anywhere" per year after probation
- 600€ yearly Benefitsy allowance to profit from 35 Premium Partners
- Relocation support for internationals:
- One month of furnished flat so you do not have to flat hunt without being in Berlin