As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will play a critical role in the success of our sales organization by proactively identifying and creating new opportunities. Your primary objective will be to drive new business pipeline through quality, high-tough engagements with our merchant and technology partner community.
In this role, you will gain an understanding of our technology, learn what it takes to be a great BDR, and build foundational skill sets that will enable you to step up the career ladder. Our goal is to set you up for success in this role while providing opportunities for you to grow and advance in your career at Alloy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hit monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business, and report on progress weekly
- Identify high-potential businesses, verticals and markets, and develop and execute outbound strategies to get them as Alloy customers
- Develop and lead campaigns from idea-generation through to qualified calls and determine how best to scale them
- Initiate contact with potential customers through cold-calling or responding to inquiries generated from Marketing to qualify them as sales opportunities
- Move solid leads through the funnel connecting them to a salesperson, and arranging meetings; collaborate with Marketing to provide feedback and insights on how we can improve targeting and messaging
- Partner with AEs to build strategy and prospect into high priority accounts
- Develop relationships with prospects to uncover needs through effective questioning to qualify interest and viability to prepare hand-off to sales
- Learn our technology and effectively communicate our value to both technical and nontechnical audiences, adding value at every customer touchpoint
Skills & experience we're excited by:
- Genuine interest and excitement for ecommerce technology, experience working with brands or at a brand is a huge plus
- Experience working with a technical product or the aptitude to quickly learn complex technical concepts
- Fearless and creative approach to prospecting, so it’s not just cold calling. You think about ways to spice up your outreach and switch it up, you’re naturally curious and confident, love to ask questions, listen and learn from conversations.
- You have strong business acumen. Every customer is different. We listen, discern, and then recommend.
- You’ve got a competitive attitude, even better if you’ve got previous experience crushing a sales quota or hitting measurable goals.
- You’ve got great energy that people gravitate toward and strong communication skills both oral and written.
- You’ve got a bias toward action, love to dive in and get stuff done.
- You’re not thrown off by a fast-moving, quickly changing environment.
Why work with us?
We’re growing quickly - We've raised $27M to date and anticipate growing to nearly 40 people by end of 2022
We’re diverse & distributed - We work remotely across 6 time zones, and our team is highly diverse from an age, gender, and background perspective. We move fast, but also find time to laugh, get to know more about each other's cultures and backgrounds, and show off our great (and horrible) cooking.
We stay on top of trends - We’re power users of tools like Figma, Jira, & Notion, and also know a thing or two about memes.
We build for our customers - We keep a good pulse on how our merchants are doing, and their problems, which is what allows us to discover new opportunities and areas for growth. We do this by running regular product feedback sessions, and engaging a dedicated customer community.
We’re ambitious, like you - We’re relentlessly optimistic that we can build this crazy automation tool that will change the way millions of people work once they have their hands on it.
We’re backed by the best - We’re backed by leading VCs like a16z, Bain Capital, YC and the founders of brands like Rent the Runway & Italic, and the people behind tech unicorns like Attentive, ShipBob, & Webflow believed in us early and are invested in our success.