Who we are?
We are omni:us (https://omnius.com/company/) - Our clear vision is to support insurers to transform the way they handle claims with the help of AI. We see ourselves as authorities in artificial intelligence and deep insurance expertise. We are a team of leading engineers and insurance experts led by serial entrepreneurs with strong business to business & corporate experience. Our investors & network bring together deep technology, insurance and solution expertise. Together we tackle the insurer's biggest and most interesting challenges.
Founded in 2015, omni:us now employs more than 70 people from 21 different nations. We’re headquartered in Berlin with representations in the UK, France and the United States. As we want to continue delivering amazing work while having fun at the same time, we are searching for an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer to join us in our venture!
What will keep you responsible?
- Design and implement new (UI / API based) features with your team colleagues in a key component of our platform using the Scrum framework.
- Extend/optimise existing features.
- Provide valuable feedback regarding implementation scenarios (pros-n-cons) and optimisation potential (tech-debt etc.).
- Participate actively in typical Scrum meetings (Refinements, Plannings, Reviews Retros) in a focused, solution-oriented manner.
- Guide and support other development staff regarding the integration of the component you’re responsible for.
- Work in a group of passionate developers in a high energy and fast paced and outcome oriented environment.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team.
- Adopt agile practices for efficiency, predictability and customer driven product development.
- 5+ years of programming experience with Java backend development; Python and C++ experience is a big plus.
- 2+ years experiences in working with microservices, RESTful APIs, Spring, and JPA.
- 1+ year responsible for technical quality as a lead engineer (no management is required, at this time).
- Ability to make basic UX changes with Angularjs 4+, HTML, CSS.
- Proficiency creating/using Docker containers.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Intermediate knowledge in using Postgres.
- Experiences with Redis or another message queue is a plus.
omni:us is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment where unique perspectives contribute to groundbreaking solutions. omni:us welcomes people regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socio-economic background, cultural background, geographic location, physical or mental disabilities, abilities, relationship status, age, education and any other category protected by law. People from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A highly motivated, fully committed team who’s eager to change the insurance space and appreciates support, guidance and teamwork.
- A real challenge with high business impact.
- A chance to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the AI & insurance industry!
- Other benefits include; unlimited home office/remote work flexibility, a fun office space in Moabit w/ chef prepared lunches 2x/week, generous vacation package, transportation pass discounts, Urban Sports Club membership, company/team outings, annual trips, and more!