As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Manager, Software Development
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, ID, IL, IN, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
We are looking for a highly motivated people manager that thrives in an environment built on collaboration, inclusion, connection, and innovation. We are building the next the next generation of supply chain software solutions, and you will be leading a small team of engineers on one of our most important projects. You have a couple of years of great experience leading a high performing team and are ready to take those lessons learned and apply them to a global platform.
What you'll do:
- Managing a high-budget, mission-critical, highly cross-functional team in an Agile setting.
- Reporting on team performance and project progress
- Establishing and maintaining productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Implementing and maintaining best practice engineering methodologies in tight cooperation with the engineering leaders.
- Supporting established organizational objectives and tenets by developing goals and strategies for teams and people.
- Hiring and managing engineers, creating individual development plans while also helping with code reviews and system decision making.
- Coordinating and planning for complex technical debt mitigation efforts.
- Holistic management of concurrent efforts on multiple projects on various life cycle stages.
- Coordinating the efforts of geographically distributed teams across multiple timezones.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Process-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to own small well-scoped features and implementation in cooperation with Product Managers.
- Ability to coordinate efforts and own large features from design to implementation.
- Ability to own service level system design.
- A passion for QA and an understanding that testing is not someone else’s responsibility.
- A passion for DevOps and an appreciation for continuous integration/deployment.
- Experience in the following:
- Microsoft Azure
- .NET compute in Azure cloud
- Automated infrastructure and CI/CD
- Event-driven (EDA) architectures
- SQL-oriented data backends and access layers
- REST APIs
- Nice to have:
- Building diverse, cross-functional software tech teams from scratch.
- Tuning of the functioning tech teams, establishing processes, policies, metrics, seeding the work ethics.
- Making the team excel under the pressure of strict deadlines and challenging requirements to provide unique solutions.
- Experience with Azure cloud services and infrastructure.
- Document DB concepts & design.
- Relational DB concepts & design.
- Experience with frontend JS frameworks.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Software Development
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Equity
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $145,000- $220,000.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $330M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.