About Serif Health:
At Serif Health, we are taking the complexity out of the cost of healthcare. Our mission is to make healthcare pricing and contracting more transparent, easier to understand, fairer and ultimately more affordable for all. New price transparency regulations have made a wealth of healthcare pricing and reimbursement data publicly available for the first time, but it is still extremely hard to ingest, organize, and actually use this data to understand the cost of care. That’s where we come in. Serif Health is building healthcare price intelligence data products and APIs to power the future of more transparent healthcare.
We are an early-stage, venture-backed startup with a small, collaborative team of healthcare experts, engineers, and designers. We are excited to add new team members motivated by our mission, passionate about making a difference in healthcare, and looking forward to learning and growing from the challenges we will face along the way!
What You’ll Do:
- Design, run, and test novel analyses of healthcare price transparency data, with a goal of creating automated benchmarking, pricing strategy, predictive pricing, and revenue projection models we can incorporate into our price transparency portal & customer facing dashboards
- Develop and maintain novel fill rate and data quality measurements for healthcare pricing data
- Develop and maintain classification and grouping approaches for unstructured machine readable file rate data
- Be responsible for estimating feasibility, cost, and timeframe for delivering custom analyses requested by our most important customers and partners, in output formats as requested
- Identify effective and concise presentation formats for data analyses
- Collaboratively define the data schema and architecture for our company, with our engineering team
What we expect:
- At least 5 years of academic and/or commercial experience in a healthcare data science and analytics role, working with any of the following data: electronic medical records, medical claims and explanation of benefits, healthcare billing / coding / pricing
- Deep familiarity working with large datasets (~1TB), large file counts (1MM+) and statistical analysis approaches over those data inputs
- Fluency with big data streaming & processing software packages (Spark, Python, R, Jupyter)
- Proficiency with data visualization frameworks - you are comfortable telling stories with data
- An ability to work independently, move quickly, and self-manage for high impact in a small team environment.
- Passion for increasing affordability & transparency in the US healthcare market
What we'd love to see (Bonus):
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS data science & ML stack (EMR / Glue / Athena / Redshift)
- Experience taking a data and analytics product from zero to one
- Prior experience in roles requiring direct interaction with customers
Anywhere in the U.S. - Serif Health is a remote-first company with team members across California, Ohio, Washington, and New York. We hold on-sites at least quarterly in rotating locations across the U.S. for team members to get to know each other and collaborate in-person.