OK, so let's start with a few words about Vue Storefront.
Vue Storefront sets a new standard in online shopping, making it more convenient, intuitive, and lightning-fast. We use the modern tech stack, believe in composable commerce architecture, and are dedicated to flattening the learning curve for business users. That is why enterprise customers can launch our store in weeks instead of months, gaining time and saving money.
For us, the most important thing is that Vue Storefront cares about people, their work-life balance, relations, and their impact on the community, tech & e-commerce world, and their private lives. Vibe, Self-driven, and Focus are Vue Storefront values, and we want to grow everyone who has a hunger for more and lives up to them!
Location: Remote, Europe
About the Team
In the Platform Team, we are self-organized and highly autonomous. We are working on VSF Platform development - a cloud-native, fast, scalable environment with secure infrastructure dedicated to eCommerce business. This role requires a considerable amount of technical experience and maturity. It is not suitable for everyone, but we believe it's the best way to create great software.
- Node.js, Apollo Server, Express
- GraphQL, REST
- GitHub Actions
- GCP, CDN, Redis
- Monorepo - Turborepo, Lerna, NPM packages publishing
What will you be doing in this role?
- Making design and architecture decisions around business requirements fulfillment,
- Identify delivery and architecture risks,
- Building backend services of an online platform dedicated to developers and shop owners,
- Integrating with third-party cloud infrastructure & metrics providers, GIT platforms, and CI/CD Pipelines,
- Creating public REST APIs accordingly with OpenAPI specification,
- Writing Unit Tests and user-friendly documentation,
- Solving complex architectural problems to deliver strictly-typed, scalable, maintainable, and secure code,
- Managing team planning, estimation, workflow, and delivery,
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies,
- Performing laser-sharp code reviews for other team members.
What do we expect you to have?
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Team Leader,
- Extensive experience with Node.js and asynchronous communication,
- Experience with designing REST APIs and microservices architecture,
- Experience with frontend
- Understanding of design patterns,
- Fluency in Typescript,
- Deep understanding of SQL & NoSQL databases,
- Basic DevOps and security knowledge,
- 'How we can make this better' attitude,
- 'Growing as a human being' approach,
- Taking care of others in a team and the community.
What can you expect?
- Senior and experienced team
- Budget and tools for your skills Growth
- Fully Remote work with flexible working hours
- Values-driven culture, friendly and supportive work environment
- Contract type tailored to your need
- Engagement: it’s full-time engagement in every case
- Ability to regularly attend conferences and community events, both as a participant and contributor
- Flat organizational structure: it helps to focus on what’s essential - have no barriers in communication, no Corpo-language, no going things around, and no need to do things differently than most smartly and efficiently.
- Relations: VSF values healthy relations and spends time together - e.g., two weeks with your teammates and families on Tenerife and team events.
- Benefits: contract type depending on your decision, Medicover medical care package, access to the pool of courses, time to time workation, flexible working hours, working from wherever you want.
Join us if you feel that it's time for you to join VSF’s extraordinarily enthusiastic and successful team!