BuildZoom is the only trusted marketplace for high-value renovations and residential construction, a $250B market in desperate need of disruption. We guide people through the challenge of finding and hiring the right contractor for their project, saving them time, money, and aggravation. This year alone, we’ll manage nearly $400M in projects and are doubling each year with a clear path to becoming the category-defining company in residential construction.
The Business Operations Team at BuildZoom is responsible for supporting cross-functional teams in their ability to efficiently & effectively do their jobs and implement highly impactful changes to how we run the business. The team’s impact is directly tied to BuildZoom’s ability to run, grow, and scale, and you will have the chance to make a meaningful contribution towards the continued growth and success of BuildZoom. As a Business Operations Specialist, you will act as both a driving force and a key partner for our internal teams to help design and deliver best-in-class processes and solutions, while maintaining momentum and continuity of existing processes and programs.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams (such as marketplace, sales, legal, growth, product, finance, engineering, and fulfillment) to execute operational improvements.
- Identify inefficiencies or improvement opportunities and take action with a keen focus on designing scalable solutions
- Handle critical customer escalations that require complex problem solving, excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication, and cross-functional collaboration to resolve
- Execute on assigned projects that require independent research and implementation
- Balance managing multiple projects simultaneously while supporting daily operational functions
- Develop, prepare, and distribute project progress reports across the organization, keeping stakeholders and internal customers well informed
- Become an expert on our proprietary CRM, which includes a lot of features specific to our business; serve as the liaison between our sales teams and product & engineering team.
- Conduct in-depth analysis based on identified metrics to produce actionable insights & recommendations for leadership
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation on project and program records
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ experience in sales/customer service enablement, operations, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain productive business relationships with internal partners and external customers
- Highly structured, detail-oriented approach which enables you to make progress while balancing a range of responsibilities
- Able to synthesize a situation and identify a scalable solution.
- Proficiency in basic project management software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) or Google Workspace products (Sheets, Docs, Slides etc.)
- You enjoy working with data: you are comfortable getting waist deep into a large set of data and can identify trends. You can whip up a fine spreadsheet, or better yet you can query data using SQL
- Startup experience - familiar and comfortable with the urgency and scrappiness of an emerging, dynamic business
- Project Management experience or certifications (CAPM, PMP, Six Sigma, CSM etc.)
- Documentation Skills - you are maniacal about writing, structuring, and formatting documents such as workflows, operating procedures, knowledge content, and project/program documentation.
Salary Range - 70 - 100k, depending on experience.