Let’s start with why we exist…
We believe the most important technologies in the world don’t seek your attention, they work for you, they empower you, and they get out of the way, so you can focus your attention on what matters most.
We believe that everything around you should be simpler, faster, and more seamless. We believe in a world where you can control everything around you, by simply being present and having technology do the work for you by turning the mundane into the magical. We believe you should be able to experience the world in personalized ways rich with your preferences and taste, while staying in control of your data and privacy.
We are creating this world by building your digital Proxy. It’s your identities, your preferences, your ID cards, your wallet, your links to the physical world, augmented and represented by a signal emitted from your smartphone or wearable that tells the world around you who you are, what you want, and how you want it.
We exist to empower you with your digital identity for the physical world. Access more. Share less.
Why this role exists...
- We are looking to add a core member to our multi-functional design/engineering/manufacturing team who play a critical role in the development of Proxy’s next generation hardware.
- If successful, you will have completed the mechanical hardware design of Proxy wearable hardware as well as accessories.
- You will be heavily involved in the design and development of Proxy’s wearable hardware starting almost from scratch (consider this a zero to one opportunity).
- Other than design/engineering exploration, this role will participate in the assembly process as well as coordinate with vendors on fixture design & implementation.
- You can be located in Taiwan or Los Angeles, CA, but willing to travel between the two locations frequently ensuring both the internal development and third party manufacturing vendors remain aligned.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in mechanical design
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing, with focus on high volume manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability in plastic part and metal part design including material selection
- Proven experience with handling ultra thin part design, surface finishing design and micro manufacturing design
- Experience in converting mechanical design to detail assembly process
- Experience in handling Epoxy/Glue is a big plus
- Ability to travel between the U.S. and Taiwan a must
- You will participate in complex hardware systems design with multiple cutting edge technologies.
- You will gain invaluable expertise across hardware design from conceptual design and prototyping to manufacturing.