About the Company:
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the Team:
The Legal team is responsible for all of Worldcoin’s legal and government affairs globally. We partner cross-company to help advance the blockchain project, improve our products (hardware device, wallet app, and Proof of Personhood), and ensure regulatory compliance in areas such as securities, AML/CFT, consumer protection, trade, IP and labor, among others. We have earned a reputation for responsiveness, technical acumen, practicality, and integrity. Everyday, we have a high impact.
About the Opportunity:
This is a unique role offering the opportunity to shape privacy in web3.
The Privacy Program Lead helps the company’s decision makers by assessing risks and requirements associated with data protection laws in several jurisdictions around the globe and enabling the company’s operations by ensuring compliance with them.
Moreover, the role is highly cross-functional and technical. The Privacy Program Lead will partner most closely with our product and AI teams, and will also develop close working relationships with our teams responsible for growth (market operations), trust & safety, financial compliance, and government relations.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive privacy policies, procedures, and controls aligned with GDPR.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Legal, Operations, Product, Security, and Engineering..
- Work with LegalOps and Engineering to improve and implement technical privacy requirements, controls, processes, tools, and infrastructure such as consent mechanisms, preference managers, and user controls
- Secure and relay advice on threshold risks and requirements related to data protection.
- Work with local counsel in several jurisdictions to analyze data protection requirements and present clear, actionable input in an efficient manner
- Clearly document privacy policies, procedures, architectures, and controls.
- Perform vendor due diligence and onboarding for privacy compliance.
- Develop and help implement a legal playbook for ensuring privacy compliance
- Enable the company to operate globally by enforcing compliance with global data protection laws in-house
- Build relationships with key stakeholders who implement technical data protection measures
- Collaborate with Legal counterparts focused on market expansion, financial compliance and trust and safety to ensure a responsible long term setup
- Develop a deep understanding of our strategies of our product to
- Proactively contribute to the Legal team‘s planning, cohesion, consistency in advice, and the general efficiency and effectiveness of the team as a whole.
What We Offer:
- Hands-on and creative problem-solver, who understands technical complexities and is passionate about building scalable ways to account for them.
- 10+ years of experience working on privacy and data protection compliance especially in the area of compliance documentation like DPIAs, ROPAs, data subject rights and vendor management.
- Previous experience building commercial tech-companies that operate IRL, especially with “gig work” platforms or FinTech companies.
- You understand how to achieve the right balance between the organization’s mission and goals, when to be flexible and when to draw a hard line.
- You are a “doer” and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Capable of defining an agenda and ensuring it gets done on time and efficiently, along the way demonstrating judgment, practicality, resourcefulness, proactivity, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written communicator, able to present complex legal issues clearly and concisely, whether extemporaneously on Slack, in emails, or in memoranda and other more formal documents.
- Affinity for program management and using technology solutions to help scale our team’s processes, and comfort with GSuite applications, Microsoft Office, and other tech SaaS tools (such as SQL, Looker, Figma, Slack, AirTable, etc.).
- Demonstrated interest in blockchain technology, Web3, cryptocurrency and digital assets.
- Fluency in English and ability to speak German is extra.
- Positive collaborative attitude, comfort with change and a fast pace, high level of integrity, and intellectual curiosity.
- A modern office space in the heart of Berlin, Kreuzberg/Mitte
- 30 vacation days on top of public holidays for the region
- Monthly Phone Reimbursement or a company device
- We offer a hybrid work model and care about your mobility, so Tools for Humanity covers your Deutschland Ticket costs
- Professional Development program that funds work-related activities to grow knowledge in our respective fields
- Free Lunch and Dinner whenever you’re in the office!