About Blue Cargo
BlueCargo is building software to handle transportation of containers from the ports to the first warehouses by truck - also called first mile delivery. We are bringing the Freight Tech revolution.
The startup was founded by two female entrepreneurs, graduated from Y Combinator (2018 batch), and has raised a total of 15 millions. We are at the beginning of an exciting growth phase where we have already developed product-market fit and we are looking to scale.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Data Science to join our team and lead our data science department. As the Head of Data Science, you will be responsible for developing and implementing data-driven solutions that will help our company achieve its strategic objectives. You will lead a team of data scientists, engineers, and analysts to build the foundations of our stack and manage projects that will drive business growth.
- Own the data strategy of the entire company based on your experience in fast-growing startups
- Implement and develop the stack to ensure data pipelines are efficient, reliable, and scalable
- Manage and mentor a team of data scientists, engineers, and analysts
- Analyze complex data sets, build predictive models, and provide actionable insights to the management team and the product team to develop new features and products
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in data science, with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Strong experience in developing and implementing data-driven strategies that drive business growth
- Proven track record of managing and mentoring a team of data scientists, engineers, and analysts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data sets and build predictive models
- Experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, and data visualization tools and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in the logistics or supply chain industry is a plus
- Excellent and caring work culture
- Perks: Medical benefits + unlimited PTO
- Fun perks: flexible and international environment
- Support/Community: Enjoy being a member of a Y Combinator company!