Magnolia is building up Frontend expertise with engineers focusing primarily on evolving and innovating our user interface! Are you an experienced Frontend engineer who is also a passionate leader? Are you able to ideate and create new frontends for large-scale applications? Do you enjoy working and collaborating across the department and helping guide the architectural direction of the product?
Magnolia is looking for an experienced frontend leader to start and lead the new Frontend team, which will be focused on helping us re-work our current (legacy) UI integration, creating a design system, and enabling us to take our UI & UX further.
If you're ready to strive to create value in newer ways and to think outside of the box, you're the perfect match for us - so please read on!
What things you’ll be doing?
- Use your excellent collaboration and communication skills to: work closely with our Design Team, PM team, and technical experts across the departments and collaborate with other teams on cross-department initiatives
- Empower & motivate your teams with a humble, servant leadership approach: mentor & coach engineers; help team members grow their skills & expertise; motivate, inspire & drive innovation; cultivate a continuous improvement culture; resolve conflicts & build trust
- Cultivate a customer-centric approach with outcome-driven & discovery-focused development over output
- Grow the globally distributed team by leading its hiring and expansion
- Drive the future of our UI: use your technical experience to drive the architecture and specifications of the new UI initiative; guide the team with your leadership and architectural experience in a fast-paced environment while coaching and enabling the team in design and architectural decision making; be innovative and push technical boundaries
What do we need from you?
- Technical know-how: expertise in Frontend technologies & architecture in large-scale applications
- Expert comprehension of core web and browser concepts
- Worked either on or alongside a Design System
- Have good knowledge of UX principles and practices
- Operational experiences such as monitoring, metrics, and analytics
- Some experience with Java is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a leadership role with current technical experience
So, who are we?
- We are a fun and open-minded bunch of colleagues spread across the globe
- Aside from work, we are parents, gamers, bookworms, athletes, adrenaline junkies, philosophers, and so much more
- Yearly company trip. We’ve just been to Interlaken/Switzerland - we’d love to see you at the next one!
- Constant learning and knowledge sharing with some of the best professionals in the industry
- Lateral and vertical growth opportunities
- Flexibility, flexibility, flexibility
- Remote-friendly vibes
We are for you if you like to...
- take charge: You are in the driver’s seat and set the direction according to what customers, colleagues and cultures need. No matter the roadblocks you see ahead, you take charge in (re)shaping the destination.
- connect: You never drive alone. Building meaningful connections means creating experiences together that form a foundation of trust so next time there’s a bump in the road, you know someone else has your back.
- be you: Choose your ways and means. You make every perspective count so that everyone feels safe enough to follow their purpose and at the same time pursue one common goal. Your way of growing is to mutually question yourself and others.