Makani Science is a medical startup developing a novel wearable respiratory monitor. We are looking for a short term consultant to develop and implement a simple signal processing algorithm for our system. The individual will be working with a small team and will directly interface with the lead engineer and CEO. This work should take about 1-2 months. Future collaboration can be expected after the successful completion of this project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a signal processing algorithm for calculating rate from a time-domain physiological signal.
- Test and verify the functionality of the algorithm using existing data.
- Develop technical documentation for the algorithm.
- Help support the integration of the algorithm with the final product.
- Good technical knowledge and experience in physiologic signal processing
- Experience developing algorithm to measure and interpret physiologic signals (respiration, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in implementing prototype algorithms
- BS or MS degree in CSE or other related fields.