🚀 Want to join a team of A-players in an exciting, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment?
LeadSimple is a small team solving big problems in the property management industry. Bootstrapped since 2013, we're passionate about helping small businesses grow sustainably.
Our software provides a powerful foundation for any property management company to take their business to the next level. Thousands of property managers rely on us for their day-to-day operations and we’re only getting started.
We’re looking for a Mid-level Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our fully-remote team to help us enhance the quality of our software products by collaborating with the success and engineering teams to identify, document, and resolve quality issues as quickly as possible. This is an opportunity to join on the ground floor of a bootstrapped, growing company with a lot of upside.
Expectations for your first 90 days:
- Develop a standard ticket template and ensure that all new on-call tickets submitted to the on-call rotation contain sufficient information for the engineering team to resolve them.
- Perform quality assurance on every customer-facing engineering project prior to its launch, reporting any bugs and UX issues discovered to the project’s engineers.
- Become capable of independently resolving common tickets that require code changes, including lead parser updates and spam blocklist updates
Expectations for your first 6 months:
- Become the success team’s primary point of contact in the engineering team for customer complaints, resolving as many questions and customer complaints as possible without filing on-call tickets or escalating to on-call engineers.
- Pitch projects in our betting table cycle that would reduce on-call ticket volume or time to close common tickets
- Improve and maintain internal documentation on existing and upcoming features, including common issues and how to resolve them. Make this documentation user-facing when possible.
A day in the life of…
- Triage incoming complaints and bug reports
- Own the testing process for upcoming features
- Document features and how to resolve common issues
- Suggest UX or efficiency improvements
- Resolve lower-complexity support tickets and bugs
- 2+ years in a quality assurance or software engineering role
- Fluent spoken and written English at a professional level.
- Working hours must overlap with PST for at least 3 hours.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills, able to recommend decisions using data and experience
Nice to have
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and/or React
What it’s like to work here
- You’ll collaborate within a small, highly productive team, working on a well-loved and feature-rich product
- You’ll own the engineering team’s internal processes for tracking, prioritizing and documenting bug reports and support requests from our inbound success team
- You’ll help the engineering team ship high-quality features by continuously testing them during development and reporting any defects
- You’ll collaborate with our inbound support team to reproduce, prioritize, and resolve customer complaints
- You’ll identify and advocate for improvements that will enhance the customer experience and reduce ticket volume for the support team and on-call engineers
- You’ll code fixes for incoming tickets ranging from simple to complex, depending on your skill level with coding and our tech stack
- Remote-only team, location independent
- 3rd Friday of every month off
- 6 US Holidays
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off (in addition to the above)
- Quarterly Two-Week Hackathons
- Monthly Healthcare Allowance
- Yearly Vacation Allowance
- $2000 equipment stipend upon hire
- Focused and dedicated environment with smart, caring people
- Consistent, but flexible working schedule with minimum 3hr Pacific Time Zone overlap
- Mission driven, non-political company and values-based culture
Our Interview Process
- Fill out our application, located here
- Intro call with People Operations (30 minutes)
- Offline work sample test (up to 60 minutes)
- Work history interview with Hiring Manager (up to 90 minutes)
- Possible additional interview with team (up to 60 minutes)
- Offer call (15 minutes), followed by a written offer
- If you accept the offer, you enter a 90-day trial period, fully paid.
- If all goes well in your first 90 days, you convert to a full-time team member!
**NOTE: We are not accepting applications in California, Colorado, or New York at this time.