Inyova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Through the Inyova platform, people can invest their money in companies that represent the causes they care about (like sustainability, gender equality, etc.) – without sacrificing returns along the way. Inyova stands for “invest in your values” and we’re on a mission to make impact investing mainstream.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for the Inyova team. As part of the engineering team, you will be working on tools that enable us to create & manage thousands of customer portfolios at the same time.
More concretely, you will…
- …be responsible for designing the implementation of new features and you will own the development from initial breakdown until release
- …be communicating and collaborating closely with the Product Owner and other engineers to achieve great feature planning and design
- …be writing high-quality and clean code ranging, from the implementation of new features to code refactoring that makes the application more stable and efficient
- …be involved in code reviews
- …write unit tests for your code
As an integral part of our engineering team, your technical expertise, your keen attention to detail, and your communication skills are crucial for you to be successful in this job.
What we offer
- You are an A-Player engineer
- You are excited about the Inyova mission to mainstream impact investing.
- You have completed a computer science, business informatics or a comparable degree.
- You have +5 years of programming experience.
- You are a strong analytical thinker who enjoys solving complex problems. You enjoy paying meticulous attention to the detail.
- You are good at breaking down complex problems and making them understandable to non-techies.
- You have the following technical skills:
- Ruby on Rails (advanced)
- Experience with client-server architectures, application development, and using databases
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Agile development method
- Advantage is a knowledge or experience with:
- Other backend languages, especially Python
- Cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes + Google Cloud)
- Angular or other frontend languages
- Sass or other CSS preprocessor language
- You are fully proficient in English.
You will join one of the hottest fin-techs in Switzerland. We offer a job with purpose and so-far unsolved tech challenges. You will be exposed to a wide range of topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team.
Specifically, you will…
- …work on a variety of challenging and novel problems
- …use cutting-edge technologies, mainly Angular, Ionic and Ruby on Rails
- …work with our most talented engineers and receive coaching from our management and senior engineers
- …define and work toward your own goals
- …join a company with a strong purpose
- …work in a fun environment with inspiring colleagues from all practices (investment office, marketing, customer success, design)
- …get first-hand experience in a challenging startup environment
- …work from the center of Zurich, with options to work from home / remote
- …receive an attractive compensation package
Workload: 100% | Start date: ASAP | Location: Zurich / Frankfurt / Bratislava or flexible remote within Europe