Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Sales Director - Africa, Middle East
Astranis's Sales Director - Africa, Middle East will oversee the region and drive consistent deals to close. You will partner with our engineers, business development, and the executive team to drive sales through our funnel and accelerate satellite sales. This is a customer-facing role that will demand technical knowledge to customize our satellite offerings, business acumen to enable mutually-beneficial programs for Astranis and our clients, the interpersonal skills to develop relationships, and execute sales plans to drive prospects to closure.
- Drive leads through the pipeline quickly and efficiently, accelerating our sales cycles
- Present Astranis technical materials confidently, championing our products in the market as an external company representative at customer meetings, conferences, and other public events
- Identify new sales prospects to add to the top of the funnel and relentlessly qualify the pipeline to spend time on the most promising deals
- Negotiate with all levels of client representatives to generate shareholder value while building long-term relationships that allow follow-on sales
- Translate between business and technical requirements, finding solutions that work for all internal stakeholders and our clients
- Communicate efficiently and professionally with internal Astranis stakeholders, particularly the Engineering team in driving the creation of technical solutions to propose to meet customer needs
- Build and maintain relationships with our customers and adeptly navigate complicated and political corporate structures to identify, connect with, and persuade decision makers
- Prepare short- and long-term product sales forecasts, reports, and analyses for the Astranis Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Degree in Engineering, Business or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in the satellite industry
- 7+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales role
- Proven record of closing complex multi-million dollar enterprise deals
- Solid understanding of and systems levels knowledge in satellite communications and payload design
- Strong English-language communication skills, both written and oral
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, up to 30% of time
- Burning desire to close deals and win business on tight timelines
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Advanced knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory; digital satellite network architectures and IP networking
- Knowledge of the main market segments / verticals served by satellite data communications: cell backhaul, trunking, VSAT, maritime, aero
- Experience in financial modeling
- Multilingual capabilities
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.