About the role
Hi there! Imagine the opportunity for a career that helps improve the lives of those in need. Aventiv is hiring a Solution Architect to join the team. You can work from anywhere with this fully remote position!
The Solution Architect will provide architectural and big-picture oversight for development of new or enhanced software products. This person will be responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of the software architecture across the system and providing day-to-day technical guidance to the development teams. Join a team that is collaborative, passionate, and driven to make the world a little better every day.
The Solution Architect will:
- Understand and evaluate complex business functions and processes, operational requirements, and procedures. Translate and incorporate the same into comprehensive and coherent plans to support and enhance software applications/systems and architectures
- Collaborate with technical teams to define the system, technical, and application architectures for major areas of development in accordance with corporate policy, standards, and best practice
- Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify the impacts of initiatives and objectives on systems/application architecture. Recommend course of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness
- Remain aware of technological trends and advancements and recommend strategic product enhancements to ensure product relevancy and support revenue growth
- Evaluate build vs buy vs integrate as part of the solution lifecycle, to include cost modeling, vendor management, and product evaluation/selection
- Research and implement best practices frameworks/capability models that will control costs, provide higher quality, and increase predictability of service delivery
- Participate and/or lead project teams as a technical resource to deliver solutions across the full software life cycle, ensuring conformance to policy and best-practice standards
- Coach and mentor other delivery, quality assurance, and support personnel.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Subject matter expert knowledge on developing n-tier, scalable applications using web-service architectures
- Ability to discuss tradeoffs in design choices and how they affect the properties and behavior of the system as a whole
- Strong leadership and teamworking ability and excellent communications skills, especially in areas of written technical design, meeting facilitation, and persuasive presentations
- Ability to work without supervision with extensive latitude for independent judgment and ability to assist less experienced peers
- Experience working with a variety of constituents within and outside of IT to drive cohesiveness while ensuring that the architectural direction is achieved
- Analytical, planning, problem-solving, and priority setting abilities that flourish in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to document and effectively communicate new and modified architecture to a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledge of different application, communication protocols, and performance analysis tools
Minimum Role Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 10+ years of experience in development or architecture role including of 3+ years in a technical leadership role
- Experience implementing scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available, multi-data center systems
- Experience gathering and analyzing business requirements to meet strategic goals and development efforts
Salary and Benefits:
At Aventiv, our salary and benefits are designed to fit you as a whole person. We offer a salary range based on experience and qualifications to ensure your unique contributions are met with our most competitive offer.
Salary Range: $131,000.00 - $157,500.00 /year
Benefits include: Health Insurance, 401(k), Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, & Voluntary Benefits
To apply, click "Apply for this position" and you will be prompted to email your resume to us.