As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, ID, IL, IN, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
We are seeking an innovative Senior Accountant to fill a new position on our continually growing Accounting & Finance team. The position will report to our Manager, Accounting along with having daily interactions with the company’s Controller and leadership. The Senior Accountant will be instrumental in helping set up processes and efficiencies within the department to position itself for exponential growth in the coming years.
What you’ll do:
- Perform month end accounting including journal entry preparation and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Research the data inputs and results related to the Company’s shipping and freight costs.
- Coordinate with the finance team to review monthly P&L and assist in investigating financials for variances to budget.
- Collaborate directly with the operations, transportation, data, and IT teams to drive efficiencies and cross-team knowledge throughout systems.
- Create detailed narratives of all procedures and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal quality controls.
- Assist external audit and tax teams by preparing schedules, explaining supporting material and procedures and any other data as needed.
- Examine the Company’s shipping data, shipping costs, contracts, and changes to discern the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Examine critical accounting estimates and assumptions around expense recognition in addition to booking & analyzing monthly results for the Shipbob Shipping Costs.
- Assist on projects and ad hoc assignments as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- CPA or CPA Candidate a plus.
- 3-6 years of accounting experience.
- Transportation or Logistics experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and ability to write technical memos preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills required, including VLOOKUP’s, SUMIF’s and Pivot Tables.
- Ability to work with and interpret large data sets.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with a team, but can manage their workload on their own.
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g. NetSuite) and driving automation & efficiency.
Reports to: Manager, Accounting
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Equity
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $73,000 - $120,000.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.