As a Business Development Manager at Flagright, you will take ownership of figuring out sales acquisition channels, breaking into new accounts, and fostering relationships with multiple contacts within our target customer segments. You will be responsible for understanding the best strategies to generate traction, conducting market research to identify new potential customers and leads, and qualifying these leads by learning about their approach to AML compliance & fraud.
This can be a remote position, so you will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently. At Flagright, we offer exciting career growth opportunities for motivated individuals who are looking to take the next step in their careers. If you are highly driven, enthusiastic, and looking for an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup, we want to hear from you. Apply now and take the first step in your career at Flagright.
🛠 You will
- Drive Flagright’s growth through outbound prospecting efforts and market research. Generate sales opportunities that will turn into closed business.
- Build a pipeline of consistent and qualified leads in your assigned territory. Achieve monthly quotas of demos completed and fully qualified opportunities.
- Experiment across tactics and strategies to nail down the most impactful channels to generate leads and close deals.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer problems in qualification calls and act as their champion to map problems to solutions throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Participate local fintech events and marketing opportunities to build brand recognition and market trust in Flagright products.
- Build a strong relationship with each your qualified leads and existing accounts.
- Generate email sequences, make cold-calls to develop sales opportunities.
🙌 Your profile
- Must reside in the UK or Europe. Visa sponsorship isn't supported.
- Excellent written communication skills, experience in writing effective cold-outreach emails & messages.
- At least 2 years of full-time experience in a sales or business development role. Track record of strong performance in your past role(s).
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal abilities. You are persuasive, charismatic, and creative. You are comfortable initiating conversations with people you don’t know who are executives at financial institutions.
- Experience in financial sector including fintech, AML compliance, regulatory service etc.
- A strategic thinker with exceptional attention to detail. You have a strong ability to operate in the weeds without losing sight of the end goals.
- Creativity and commercial awareness. A team player with a customer-focused approach.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team and ability to thrive in a chaotic and rapidly evolving environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ownership over your work. You’re a self-starter who takes accountability, with a strong ability to anticipate problems and implement effective solutions fast!
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Detail-oriented and familiar with a sales process.
- Quick learner of new tooling, ability to become an expert in a new domain quickly (in hours or days, not weeks).
💯 Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with SaaS company operations and fast-growing startups is a strong plus.
- Understanding of financial crime prevention landscape & financial crime terminology.
- An expert at prospecting and can learn the tools needed to be successful such as Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, lemlist, or other tools of your choice.
- Willingness to grow into an account executive, learn the product inside out, close and own deals.
- Do something meaningful; help stop human trafficking, money laundering, child labor; Be a part of enabling the future of how money moves.
- Work alongside a highly competent, top-tier team (Y Combinator, ex AWS, Zalando, Palantir).
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing early stage startup.
- Low-bureaucracy, minimal meetings, async communications culture, international culture, flat organization.
- We do not recommend you to apply if you aren't confident in delivering results. We maintain an extremely high bar for all of our team members. We do performance evaluations honestly & fairly, not kindly.
Please note, remote candidates will be hired as a contractor via Deel.com. On-site candidates in Berlin will be hired as a full-time employee on payroll.