We are ThinkShout, a fully distributed, certified B Corp dedicated to delivering exceptional web development, design, user experience, and strategy to the nonprofits and forward-thinking organizations that inspire us.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead project work, inspire our clients, and engage in shaping our design team in a time of critical department growth.. User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and inspiring communication. You’ll collaborate with fellow designers and departments to create innovative design solutions that have a greater impact for our clients.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, designing large-scale websites and engaging digital products
- A visual thinker with strong color, typographic, and UX/UI skills with a knack for design systems
- Advanced level of proficiency with design programs like Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of how designs are applied in HTML and CSS as well as CMS platforms; Wordpress and Drupal are a plus
- A deep understanding of accessible, inclusive and user-centered design practices
- An awareness of the inherent white supremacy of design thinking and actively making efforts to decolonize one’s individual design practice
- Strong communication skills, ability to present and defend work to peers and executive-level stakeholders
- Experience working with existing brands and design systems in order to maintain brand voice and visual identity; Brand design experience a plus
- Experience creating reusable components & design patterns to scale and fit variety of content and technical requirements as well as in-line with project budgets
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an agile self-starter, able to contribute to projects with varying levels of direction, and pivot flexibly as project plans shift
- Experience working independently and on multidisciplinary teams, and collaborating with strategists, developers and other designers in supporting large-scale projects
- Dedication and self-management skills; Experience mentoring fellow designers a plus
- Front-end development experience
- Motion, video, interactive storytelling examples
- Owning and leading projects while collaborating closely with strategists, developers, and other designers to ideate, iterate, and bring innovative and intuitive solutions to the table
- Building and maintaining creative offerings for ThinkShout's client work, participating in all UX and visual design stages of a project from concept through final hand-off to our development team, and serving as design advisor through implementation
- Working within established brands and design systems; expanding them where needed
- Creating, organizing, and documenting all your designs in Figma with extreme detail
- Managing your time between projects of varying size and complexity with a dedicated focus to elevating your craft
The Fine Print
ThinkShout is a fully distributed company and we welcome applications from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the USA.
ThinkShout is primarily a time and materials agency. In the role of Senior Product Designer, there is a weekly expectation of 30 billable hours. We work hard to maintain a 40 hour work week and we’re committed to supporting flexible schedules.
The salary band for this position is $80-105k. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 401k with a 3% company contribution and no matching requirement
- Quarterly Profit Share program
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 32 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years with the company
- Professional development funds
- Excellent management support and a well thought-out yearly review process
ThinkShout is made up of people with a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We recognize that our company isn't as diverse as it should be and we're trying to change that. If you aren't sure whether you qualify, please apply anyway. We would much prefer to have an extra application to consider than for you to screen yourself out. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better ([email protected]
). We are happy to accommodate.
Please submit a resume (no more than 2 pages) in PDF format. We request that you do not submit a cover letter. In its place, we have a few questions for you to answer in the job application. These questions will help us learn more about you and are an integral component of the interview process.
If you are selected to move forward, here’s what you can expect:
- Round 1 is a 25-minute screening call
- Round 2 is a 55-minute panel interview in which you will present a project from your portfolio followed by a Q&A
- Round 3 is a 45-minute finalist interview
We are looking to fill this position for a January start date.
Please note that candidates must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.