About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer focused on mobile development with at least 5+ years of experience in iOS or Android development. The role is focused on maintaining and expanding our mobile platforms by shipping new features and constant updates to our growing user base. As well as strategically expanding the existing capabilities of our mobile clients while contributing to improving our engineering culture and best practices.
Unleash user potential is one of our core values, and that’s why we are looking for a Software Engineer focused on providing a high-quality user experience and overcoming scalability issues in our product as we reach our next level of growth.
- Design, build, and deliver high-quality mobile experiences to our growing base of users.
- Own features from technical design to release while delivering value to the business constantly.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs, deliver high-quality solutions and documentation.
- Improve code quality using approaches such as unit and end-to-end testing.
- Participate in our on-call rotations and ensure we are constantly improving our product and providing support to other stakeholders within the org.
- Work closely with our Engineering Managers and Product Org to ensure the work being done is helping us achieve our goals as a company.
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team to help them deliver consistently.
- Set an example of engineering excellence and high-quality execution for other members of the team.
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide leadership, guidance a direction on mobile application architecture and system design to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Participate in, or lead code reviews and testing sessions with peers and stakeholders to ensure delivery meets our requirements and quality standards.
- Extensive experience working with mobile development in Android (Java/Kotlin) and/or iOS (Swift).
- Deep understanding of multi-tier application development; including knowledge of server-side technologies and databases.
- Understanding of mobile application optimizations such as performance and memory optimizations, debugging memory leaks and caching.
- Deep knowledge of continuous integration and Delivery and toolsets that provide this ability.
- Experience in startup environments with fast-paced growth and high degrees of uncertainty. Experience contributing to technical roadmaps and collaborating efficiently with stakeholders.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering-related fields.
- At least 5+ years of relevant mobile engineering experience in one or more programming languages.
- Deep expertise in writing high-performance, reliable, consumer-level mobile applications using React Native and/or native mobile development platforms.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- A self-starting, self-motivating person with the energy to learn and improve continuously.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. English proficiency is required, and Spanish ability is nice to have.
- Independent and responsible: We work fully remote, so we believe in our commitment to work.
What is it like to work at Beek?
Our benefits are designed to offer you the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally
Unlimited vacation - We don’t believe in limiting vacation days. Take as many as you need
Fully remote work - You can work from wherever you like
Totally flexible hours - You make your own schedule. We work asynchronously and don’t count the number of hours you work but rather the progress you make
Medical insurance - We know how important your health is, which is why we offer medical insurance to all our team
Competitive salary - It grows as you grow
Wellness and education stipends - You can use this to buy books and courses, pay for the gym, or purchase whatever you need to help you grow and take care of your mental and physical health
Remote work stipend - We want to support your remote work and give you some money to set yourself up to be a productivity machine