Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
We are seeking a Technical Business Development Lead with a passion for Web3 storage, and decentralization. If you would relish the opportunity to champion Codex to other Web3 projects and developers, this could be the perfect opportunity!
As a diverse team of experienced researchers and engineers located in various parts of the world, we work at the intersection of P2P networks and bleeding-edge Zero Knowledge technology.
Our goal is to deliver a more advanced decentralized data storage protocol that improves the primitives of decentralized file storage and delivery.
This role exists to support our project & product goals by providing core business development efforts; helping to create general awareness about the project as well as connecting with potential businesses and DApps interested in participating in the supply/demand of storage within the protocol.
- Represent the org externally, establishing early, core relationships/partnerships across third parties, institutions & companies; developing win-win value propositions, supporting evolution of the product with real life use-cases.
- Own the communication with major partners on a regular basis and respond to specific queries; proactively pushing thinking around new product partnerships and other strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for improving awareness about Codex; understanding client needs & feeding back insights to the product team.
- Understand the decentralized storage ecosystem with ability to plan business development efforts by segment and and achieve demonstrable progress in terms of on-boarding protocols/projects to use Codex.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis; explore avenues for tangible revenue growth with an understanding of the role of tokenomics to drive growth.
- Manage processes related to product integrations and coordinate efficiently with client and project team.
- Liaise with Web3 projects that have a strong decentralization and privacy mindset to convey the USP of Codex
- Speak at conferences & run workshops (both online and real world) to introduce projects to Codex (supported by technical team members where required)
- Support dApp developers in using early Codex demos (including during hackathons); able to confidently speak to examples which use Codex to demonstrate specific use cases or frameworks (e.g. React native, Svelte, Vue.js, etc)
- Write guides and blog posts for an audience of Web3 developers
- Over time, help with hiring, onboarding & leading a team of business development team members.
- 5+ years work experience with sales or business development
- Technically-minded with a background in software development, engineering, or working with technical products
- Successful track record of establishing win-win partnerships in web3 and/or with emerging technology
- Ability to execute many tasks in parallel across multiple threads, involving numerous stakeholders & clients
- Ability to qualify leads and counterparts rigorously
- Commitment to structured negotiations, partnerships and outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal English & communication skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Used to - or quick to get into the habit of - being productive through the means of asynchronous communication
- Have passion for blockchain and decentralized technologies and understand how they work
- Already familiar with the Ethereum community, attended conferences or participated in Hackathons
- Embedded in Web3; with ability to prospect partner organizations, founders or other critical contact points
- Experience working with protocol-type of product instead of a wallet or Dapp
- Understanding of tokenomics (of protocols) and an appreciation of how tokenomics are favorable / can cover the costs of running the underlying infrastructure
- Have a strong alignment to our principles
- Experience working in an internal Product Management role
- Substantial team leadership experience
- Has worked for an open source organization
- Remote working experience
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: see here.
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Pepper (People Ops team)
- Interview with Kaushal (BD for Waku/Nimbus)
- Interview with Jessie (Program Manager of Logos) and Dmitriy (Codex Project Lead)
- Interview with Carl (Status Co-founder)