Clarity seeks an experienced software and hardware product manager to join our globally distributed startup. We aim to reduce air pollution by offering accurate air quality readings to organizations worldwide. As a product manager at Clarity, you will play a critical role in bringing cleaner air to the world by contributing to product discovery, planning, and management.
We are dedicated to reducing air pollution by making it possible to measure and understand air quality issues. Our customers come from government, NGOs, community groups, academia, and industry. We offer them accurate air quality readings at a previously unseen spatiotemporal scale through our air quality monitoring platform.
Our low-cost air quality sensor nodes and add-on modules are designed to acquire air quality readings. The data is then translated into accurate measurements through our Cloud-based data pipeline, which performs calibration and quality control. The data is served to our users through our Clarity Dashboard and Customer API, and our air quality experts manage to monitor projects remotely: We call this Sensing-as-a-Service.
Clarity seeks an experienced product manager to drive product development and strategy across our multidisciplinary product suite. You will report to the CTO & Co-Founder and play a critical role in leading product innovation and delivering exceptional user experiences. This high-impact position requires a combination of technical expertise, strategic thinking, and strong communication skills.
- Lead with customer-centricity and market awareness.
Champion user-centered design methodologies, conducting user research, usability testing, and gathering customer feedback. Deeply understand user needs and pain points, leveraging insights to drive product decisions and improvements. Participate in customer calls and interviews, organize customer feedback, define and analyze product metrics, monitor the competitive landscape, support the creation of sales and marketing collateral, provide internal product training, and participate in marketing activities, including webinars and conferences. Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and the competitive landscape to identify opportunities and potential threats.
- Drive product strategy and roadmap across hardware and software development.
Translate customer insights into actionable development milestones for technical teams. Steer the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch and beyond, ensuring timely and successful delivery across our hardware and software portfolio. Develop and communicate a compelling product vision and strategy aligned with business goals and market trends. Define and prioritize product features and initiatives based on user needs, business impact, and technical feasibility. Create and maintain a clear and actionable product roadmap, ensuring it evolves to meet the market's changing needs. Monitor and analyze key metrics and KPIs to evaluate product performance and iterate on features as needed.
Tactical software work includes developing UX storyboards, iterating as we build and test, collecting user feedback through to release, writing user documentation, and managing rollouts.
Tactical hardware work includes onboarding hardware vendors to our platform, finding synergies between their expertise and ours, managing new hardware product pilots, and learning from field deployments.
- Model leadership and cross-functional stakeholder management.
Become a trusted resource among a rapidly-growing team. Collaborate with cross-functional groups, including engineering, design, marketing, and operations. Present product strategies, roadmaps, and performance updates to stakeholders, ensuring alignment and support. Build and nurture relationships with external stakeholders, including customers, partners, and industry influencers.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product management.
- Strong understanding of software and hardware development process.
- Proven passion for working with customers and applying lean product management principles.
- Excellent prioritization and coordination skills for delivering multiple features simultaneously across teams and product lines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to translate technical information for non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Business).
- You did well in your physics classes and can learn new, highly technical topics quickly.
- You have a passion for reducing air pollution and improving the environment.
- Full-time position
- Reports to Chief Technology Officer and Co-founder
- Location: Fully remote position, but ideally to be located in the US Eastern, EU Western or EU Central time zone
Working at Clarity has its perks:
- We are remote-work friendly, offer flexible working hours, and encourage all employees to use their unlimited PTO
- We provide private medical and dental insurance and growth and development opportunities for all full-time global employees.
- Clarity holds regular hybrid (virtual and in-person) team and company events.
Clarity Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other basis protected by law.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Learn more about Clarity Movement and our work on our website at https://www.clarity.io/
Join our team and help bring cleaner air to the world!