As a driven and ambitious System and Infrastructure Engineer, you will be joining a dynamic team of likeminded professionals and will deliver your expert knowledge and support to our Paymentology Infrastructure.
The infrastructure of Paymentology is a globally diverse mix of Data Centres and Public Clouds and you have an amazing opportunity to get hands on with projects which will support the company and our mission of becoming the leading company within our market!
As the business grows and demands grows with it, we need an experienced mid-level Infrastructure Engineer to join our team and work closely with the wider infrastructure team to support the datacentres remotely.
What you get to do:
- Provide technical and business-related knowledge to Paymentology teams to help resolve customer queries, including knowledge management & documentation.
- Detect possible service interruptions and share with partners and anticipate potential problems.
- Root cause analysis (mature problem, configuration, change mgmt., process).
- Escalate to appropriate group a detailed issue tracking (ticket) and status update to logger (requester.)
- Process automation capabilities & detect possible procedural improvements.
- Take ownership by coordinating the feedback to the customer where analysis is required from other implementation and development departments.
- Attend change control meeting calls & follow problem/change management policies.
- Respond to alerts issued by Paymentology's monitoring system.
- Daily maintenance/administration of multiple Unix /Windows systems
- Plan for Monthly / Quarterly OS Patching (as per Audit Policy.)
- Be involved in application deployments support
- Work on new technologies and tools based on the requirements.
- Work on DevOps automation tools.
What it takes to succeed:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of Linux /Windows System Administrator.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, Solaris, Windows Servers.
- Strong background in OS administration, understanding of code and, script & work on job automations.
- Experience in Solaris Zone & LDOM.
- Hands on experience with web servers like Nginx / Apache / IIS (knowledge in MTLS & SSL certificate is plus.)
- Familiarity with virtualization VMWare / Oracle VM, SAN management and concepts.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and experience in SSH, LDAP, SMTP, DNS, HTTP/S, SSL, GPG, Syslog logging facility, Openvpn.
- Experienced in different tools for monitoring health check-ups using Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix or wazuh.
- Security Configuration on Windows /UNIX based servers hardening of the system (Any audit experience like PCI or ISMS is plus.)
- Identify and analyse the issues that hamper the performance of the system, and work in close collaboration with the Paymentology teams, recommending solutions to issues.
- Maintain proper documentation of all the procedures, configurations and programs.
- Ability to use a wide variety of Azure / Aws / Oracle Cloud services.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies & Patch Management Solutions.
- Knowledge on DevOps automation tools is a plus i.e., Puppet Jenkins, ELK, DataDog, Terraform.
- Open-mindedness and willingness to learn.
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Paymentologists, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.