Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium is seeking an experienced Designer that specializes in Motion Graphic Design. The Senior Motion Graphic Designer will create, maintain, and archive all motion graphic design products produced by the department. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate and elevate the Zoo’s mission through original, creative, and imaginative interpretive motion design, while working collaboratively with other designers and all departments at the Zoo. This position reports directly to the Supervisor of Design and Interpretive Services.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
· Develop and maintain content for the over 100 monitors at the Zoo
· Elevate and enhance the department’s high-quality creative work with motion
· Ensure information on the monitors is changed and updated regularly. Example monitor information includes (but not limited to) animal information; guest interactives; pricing and visitor information; available attractions; menus and menu options; event (private and public) recognition.
· Follows through on projects from conceptualization to implementation, including but not limited to: Working with Design and Interpretive Supervisor to determine scope of project, developing sample storyboards or layouts for approval, interfacing with outside vendors, presenting samples for approval, and preparing final product for implementation.
· Manages multiple projects within design specifications
· Provides constructive design dialogue with all team members
· Be able to trouble-shoot current systems with minor issues and work with outside companies on keeping digital components operational and functioning
· Keep an inventory of equipment and dates purchased of what we currently have on grounds and as backup
· Interacts and collaborates effectively with internal and external team members to assure creative needs of the company are met
· Is a resource for information on up-to-date trends in Motion Design and Design software
· Assist Graphic Design Team in other design duties as needed
· Minimum of 3-5 years of motion and animation design experience in a professional setting (preferably in an entertainment business setting, such as but not limited to a Zoo, Museum, or Science Center)
· Must have experience as a motion graphic designer with complex projects from start to finish showing a high level of creativity and organization
· Ability to multitask, ability to exhibit good judgment, able to enhance the digital graphic experience for the guest and maintain a positive experience for all
· Willingness to be flexible with constantly changing standards and expectations
· Applicant must be at least 18 years of age or older
· Valid State Driver’s License is required.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Graphic Arts or Design with an emphasis in Motion Graphics
· Although the primary duties of this job are indoor in a normal office environment, the employee will be exposed occasionally to outside, potentially adverse, weather conditions
· Perform some repetitive motion activities
· Sit for long periods of time
· Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
· Personnel Management: promoting and stimulating competent work force to make their fullest contribution to the department
· Multi-Task: Ability to organize and work on multiple complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
· Deadline Oriented: Must work well under pressure with a commitment to high standards and excellence
· Adaptable: Capable of adjusting to changing priorities and solving unstructured problems with little to no supervision
· Team Player: Strong ability establish collaborative relationships with peers, managers, and directors. Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
· Multimedia: Experience in a variety of art media and photography
· Technology/Software: Proficient in After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photoshop with working knowledge of Illustrator and InDesign, Microsoft Office software and other necessary graphic programs in Mac and PC platforms.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.
Let's simplify your job search. Receive your tailored set of opportunities today.Subscribe to our Jobs