is a world-class SEO Content agency. SEO is winner-takes-all, and we make our clients the winners. We produce SEO Content that achieves top rankings for clients at scale.
As our Content Executive, you’ll play an important role in ensuring we continue to produce great SEO Content for our clients.
Our current positioning is focused on the WordPress ecosystem and broader technology businesses – we are already world-class, but our aim is to be the very best at SEO Content in the world.
Ellipsis is a 100% remote team, and we’ve been fully remote since our first day 5 years ago. We lean into the best things about being remote: we balance collaboration, “Deep Work”, regular team retreats, and we put a lot of work into a supporting and inclusive culture where everyone can do the best work of their careers.
We’re distributed across the world, but our core collaboration hours are GMT/UTC-based. We often meet up with colleagues for team meetups and conferences.
Our SEO Content work is branded as Content Growth, and clients engage us to produce a set number of posts each month on retainer based on an SEO Content strategy we formulate for them, which is focused on bringing them impressive results.
With Content Growth, we take care of everything end-to-end, from high-level SEO strategy, keyword selection (which is powered by our proprietary FALCON AI), content briefs, content production, publication, promotion and link building, rank tracking, and troubleshooting SEO queries. Our Content team leads these projects and takes care of the content production, and our SEO team takes care of the SEO requirements.
Ellipsis is growing quickly. We do outstanding work and are building something special. It’s an exciting time to join us.
About the role
As our new (and first) Content Executive, you'll work closely with our Content Managers, Content Writers, and Head of Content to deliver amazing, SEO-driven content outlines that lay the foundations for great articles.
You’ll be a key part of the Content team, assisting a team of four Content Managers to write briefs for Content Writers to produce SEO content.
You’ll also be responsible for proofreading and copy editing the finished content to ensure quality and consistency.
This position can be broken down as follows:
- 60% writing outlines
- 20% proofreading and copy editing
- 20% misc marketing tasks
You’ll be responsible for laying the foundations of our content, writing thorough outlines informed by SEO best practices, search intent, and client requirements. You’ll be structuring articles and what needs to be included in them so that the writing team can pick up the outlines and produce fantastic finished articles.
Ellipsis does a lot of varied projects, and you’ll also spend some of your time on misc marketing tasks as needed by the team and clients. This potentially includes other copy work, email marketing setup, and so on.
You’ll need to pay meticulous attention to detail, be proactive with taking feedback on board, love a challenge, and strive for excellence!
- Editorial: You’ll have proven skills in editing and proofreading and know how to interpret individual editorial needs for different clients, always maintaining the highest editorial standards, particularly when delivering content to clients. Your level of written English is impeccable.
- You’ll have experience relevant to writing in-depth content outlines or content briefs for writers, ensuring they have everything needed to deliver work to deadlines.
- Content SEO basics: You’ll feel comfortable building SEO research into your content. You’ll work alongside our in-house SEO team, so advanced knowledge isn’t essential, but some experience would be beneficial.
Requirements: hard skills
- 1-2 years experience in digital marketing
- Impeccable English editorial skills
- Proven experience writing, proofreading, and editing
- Content marketing knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working remotely full time
- Availability to work on European time (GMT/CET)
- WordPress familiarity (advanced usage desirable but not essential)
- Some knowledge of SEO, CRO, and marketing methodology
Requirements: soft skills
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly, and easily
- High level of self-awareness: a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with Content Managers and Writers on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative, and see projects through to completion
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a fully remote-work environment
- Digital marketing agency experience
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry
- Deeper SEO expertise beyond basic keyword research
- Familiarity with remote project management tools, e.g. Basecamp
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Competitive, full-time salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience. The range for this role is: £28k-£30k/year
- 28 days of paid holiday
- An additional 1 paid holiday day a year with each year of tenure, up to a maximum of 5 additional days
- 4-day work week, once a month (we are trialing this from January 2024!)
- Genuinely flexible working
- Regular team retreats (~2 per year); last was Madrid, next is Edinburgh!
- Time and budget for learning and development
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- You’ll work for a sustainable, ethical company: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2024
The application process
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this.
We’ll review applications on a rolling basis but interviews start after the closing date. There’s thus no benefit to rushing to apply: we will bias heavily towards your application’s answers rather than your CV, and we’d love for you to take your time.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications. You can make your application stand out by paying special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”. If you think you’re a fit, or could be a fit – go for it!
We use video calls for interviews. You’ll have video interviews using Google Meet, including with your prospective line manager and the Managing Director.
We understand that this is as much you interviewing us, as the other way round. Throughout the interview process, we’re extremely happy to answer your questions about the business, working here, and the future of the company.
The final stage of our hiring process is a paid test project, which will be similar to work you could expect to do if you were hired. We’ll give you a week to complete the project, but expect that you’ll only need ~4 hours.
Following the completion of trial projects, we’ll ask for professional references from a previous manager and co-worker. We ask candidates to introduce us to their references, for a 10 minute call or email conversation. We then expect to move to make an offer quickly.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
How to apply
Please apply through Workable: https://apply.workable.com/getellipsis
. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, what we’re looking for
, what we do, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Whilst we love technology and sit at the leading edge of its adoption (we automate hundreds of thousands of actions a month internally), we want to hear from you rather than from ChatGPT.
We will be screening applications for AI-generated content and will automatically disqualify AI-generated applications.
The deadline for submission is the end of the day, on 31st January 2024. We’ll be in touch with all candidates, following the close of applications.