Customer Success Manager
We're looking for a driven and experienced Customer Success Manager to join our remote team and help us scale up our customer success activities in the Americas.
Full-time / Part-time · Remote Eastern Timezone (EST)
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for a driven, experienced Customer Success Manager to join our remote team and help us scale up our customer success activities in the Americas.
Geckoboard is a product-led growth company. Our focus is on boosting customer expansion and retention by engaging with our users and building strong relationships with them. We believe that understanding our customers' motivations is key to increasing conversions and triggering upgrades.
We don't have a dedicated sales team at Geckoboard, so it will be important that active listening, empathy, and curiosity, with a solutions-focused approach come naturally to you, in order for you to succeed in this role.
As our second Customer Success Manager, you'll be responsible for identifying and scaling up our customer success activities to drive conversions, expansion, and retention.
We’re looking for someone:
- Who has experience in customer onboarding and who’s used to providing excellent customer service.
- Who experiments with new ideas, seeks regular feedback and learns from the results.
- Who understands how to reach the right audiences at the right time
- With a creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Who can ruthlessly prioritise and plan – taking what works and developing it into an established Customer Success playbook
You should also be:
- Someone who loves interacting with customers on a regular basis and wearing many hats
- A proactive self-starter who can easily identify what needs to be done, and do it
- Ideally, you will have experience in B2B software in a startup or scale-up environment.
What will you be responsible for?
As part of your role, you’ll:
- Conduct onboarding demos and training, and review calls with customers through multiple stages of the customer journey, particularly during trials to boost conversions.
- Identify customers that would benefit from features on higher-tier plans and set them up for success.
- Negotiate new subscriptions, renewals and upsells
- Try new programs, identify opportunities to grow accounts, and develop new playbooks.
- Analyse the results – so we can scale up the things that work, and learn from things that don't.
- Partner with Support, Marketing and other teams both during the “sales” process and throughout the whole customer journey to help identify opportunities and risks.
- Contribute to our overall Customer Success strategy
- Manage invoicing and contract requirements for existing and future corporate customers.
- Speak regularly with customers and potential customers (customer insight is at the heart of everything we do)
Why you should apply
In short, it’s your chance to help shape, and deliver on a compelling new challenge in a supportive company, that puts people first.
When we started Geckoboard, not only did we want to build a product customers love, we also wanted to create a company people actually want to work for. For us that means a place where we try our best, together, to build something genuinely useful.
We’re not a large, box-ticking organisation that creates processes for the sake of it. And we’re also not a hyper-growth startup working towards chaotic, unrealistic deadlines. Working for Geckoboard is about playing to all our different strengths and focusing on the areas that we know will make an impact.
What is Geckoboard
Geckoboard is a software company that helps businesses put data at the heart of their culture and decision-making.
We don’t believe it should be difficult or expensive for businesses to access their data, or visualise it in a way where everyone can understand what’s going on. But with most of the solutions available – it is. Our aim is to level the playing field.
Founded in 2010, over 5,000 customers now subscribe to Geckoboard, because our dashboard tools are affordable, easy to use and can genuinely change how a team benefits from their data.
And that’s no accident. Our solutions are popular because they’ve been developed by a talented team of people who genuinely care about making useful products that solve real-life problems.
Where will you work?
We’re a global team of 30+ people.
Most people at Geckoboard choose to work remotely, however, we do have a small office in Shoreditch, London, for those who want a change of scenery or for when it’s useful to meet face to face.
For this position, we are looking for candidates who are based in (or around) the EST time zone.
Geckoboard is an equal-opportunity employer with teammates all around the world. We're committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity in all its forms and is truly welcoming and inclusive to all. We’re always looking for people from diverse backgrounds with unique perspectives and skills to join our team and we encourage anyone interested to apply.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy, veteran status, or disability status.
Our hiring process
- We'll review your answers to the two questions that you’ll find in the application form - these are included in the next step.
- A 1-hour Zoom video call with our VP of Customer Success
- A take-home challenge
- A meet the team via Zoom video call - around 90 minutes
The whole process takes about 3 weeks from end to end, but we’re flexible!