Facet is a fully remote FinTech company with a mission to empower people to live more enriched lives by delivering a new standard of financial advice that elevates expectations across consumers and the industry.
We believe that unbiased, personalized financial advice that integrates into every facet of life is essential to living well. People’s financial lives are dynamic and ever-evolving, so we cover everything money touches–from starting a business to buying real estate to your investments and much more. Facet believes financial advice should be delivered with a fresh, human-plus-tech approach, that includes a CFP® professional–the highest certification possible.
As Facet’s first UX focused hire, you will be a foundational piece of the Product Team’s shift towards a consumer product! You will not only be a critical architect of solutions aimed at addressing our growing user base’s most complex problems but also be a critical thought leader in building a design team focused on user experience - especially on the mobile experience.
There is a tremendous amount of growth potential at Facet as we are truly passionate about helping realize our team members’ potentials; we truly value passion, sense of ownership and a culture of commitment as we grow our company.
Your Day-To-Day Responsibilities:
- Work directly with our Head of Product and CTO to mature our design process and upskill how we approach UX across the organization.
- Build out Facet’s UX research & design team.
- Engage a diverse set of stakeholders and dive into their problems to create validated solutions.
- Wireframe and prototype complex solutions and experiences (experience with Sketch, Figma or Invision is good, but we are currently an XD shop).
- Perform user research, testing & interviews.
- Take feedback and turn that into improved ideas.
Job Specific Requirements:
- You have 10+ years of UX design experience, focusing on mobile devices and products.
- You have the ability to use data to inform decisions & working knowledge of Tableau (or equivalent).
- You have a comprehensive portfolio of shipped work for products on mobile (and desktop, too).
- You have a strong drive to deliver beautiful product design.
- You desire to push oneself to learn and grow as a UX designer.
- You desire and are able to work both independently and in a design collaboration setting.
- You desire and are able to receive direct feedback and mentorship.
- You have experience working on a remote development team to get designs implemented as close as possible to the prototypes, pixel-perfect.
- You have an obsessive attention to detail & design.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- You thrive in an environment where you are asked to deliver features & products in buildable pieces so that we can ship & iterate fast.
- You have experience presenting solutions & designs to a larger audience and important key stakeholders.
- You are a self-starter. You dive into or seek out feedback, review shipped implementations, gather data & feedback to find room for improvement & take it all on.
- You have an understanding of or experience in the financial services industry.
- You have Marketing design experience, portfolio & interest - there’s always opportunity at Facet to work on both.
Perks & Benefits
- $100,000 - $160,000 annual salary + bonus determined by the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant - Please note, our salary ranges are based on current market data. Should you feel strongly that we are not in line, we highly recommend you to reach out and let us know. We are always looking to improve on building the best place for employees.
- Unlimited PTO
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program
- Work from anywhere in the US