To learn more about us, check out Work at Potion.
🎒 Role Details
Compensation: $120k-$170k/ 0.5-1.25%
Location: San Francisco, CA / remote
Experience: 1-4 Years
👀 What We're Seeking
We're looking for a versatile and experienced software engineer for front-end development of our web-based application that allows customers to collect R&D data and query our AI models to simulate lab experiments and create entire optimized formulas. You will work directly with the founders and a small team of engineers. As an early employee, you will have tremendous say and impact on the direction and prospects of our company.
🧑💻 What You'll Be Doing
- Own sections of front-end development and work alongside other engineers on web applications (front-end experience with React.js and Node.js preferred, though we welcome anyone with interest in learning new tech stacks)
- Writing clean, testable, scalable, efficient, and well-documented code in an agile environment (TypeScript, etc.)
- Contributing to product roadmapping alongside the founding team and prioritizing features according to customer needs
- Participating in architectural reviews to ensure proper balance of short-term and long-term trade-offs
- Taking on an entrepreneurial mentality to independently identify and pursue opportunities for the organization
- Contributing to the design system that Potion uses to develop a consistent look and feel for our products
🎨 Your Existing Skills
- You are comfortable taking designs and turning them into functional web components
- You have made contributions to full-stack engineering projects, preferably having started from scratch and worked through all phases of product development, from planning and design to execution and release
- You are highly self-directed and resourceful, with experience working on collaborative teams and translating technical language and concepts to non-technical people
- You have the ability to design and implement automated testing to ensure the production of robust code (Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, Lighthouse, etc.)
- You value design and would enjoy building a web application that has the complexity of enterprise software combined with the user experience of best-in-class consumer products
- You exhibit a willingness to test, learn, and iterate by validating new features and quickly moving on if they don't work
- You have a general knowledge of most, and advanced knowledge of some, common web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS and preprocessors), module bundlers and front-end testing frameworks.
😍 Bonus points
- You have experience or interest in chemistry, AI, enterprise SaaS, or an end market in which we operate (e.g., beauty)
- You are proficient in server-side code and the design of web applications (e.g., APIs, source system extraction, deserialization, microservices, etc.)
- Experience with front-end component libraries, Storybook, GraphQL, Nx, NestJS)
- You are excited to have a hand in crafting company culture!