We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by leading investors like Menlo Ventures, Accel and Y-Combinator. We create AI and ML-powered software for the finance and lending industries, focused on repayment and debt recovery. We work to improve conversations between call center agents and customers and provide actionable insights. Our products use AI to create next-generation speech analytics that support real-time agent guidance, automated notes after conversations, and call analysis for quality assurance and compliance.
The team has deep technical talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed. Debt has such a massive impact on consumers and prior to Prodigal, the industry was saddled with painful, low value manual workflows, and poor customer experience- our mission is to humanize the debt repayment process through automation and data.
Prodigal is looking for a Lead Software Engineer for Platform team who will play a key role in architecting our systems for scale, building robust and distributed data platforms.
- Code, design, and test in a heterogeneous technology environment, the role involves 100% Individual Contribution(IC) work
- Write clean, well-structured, and maintainable code, following coding standards and best practices
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of backend applications to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and other issues, ensuring the smooth operation of our services
- Optimize and improve existing backend systems for speed, efficiency, and scalability
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth
- Stay updated with the latest trends and advancements in backend development, bringing innovative ideas and technologies to the team
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in architecting, designing and writing code for high throughput, distributed, data platforms
- Strong experience with NoSQL & SQL databases, Datawarehouse, Datalakes such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, Postgresql, Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery etc
- Strong experience in Python with a focus on writing scalable, secure and highly available software applications. Should be open to learning and quickly adopting new languages. Our tech stack includes Python, Golang, Nodejs in that order
- Experience working with AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes and DevOps tools
- Experience working with logging and monitoring tools such as Sentry, CW, Prometheus, ELK etc
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues. Strong expertise in troubleshooting someone else's code
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and system
- Bonus : Foundational knowledge in fundamentals of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Good problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. Should be able to find the right balance between perfection and speed of execution
- Self-starter and self-learner, who never settles, is ready to jump into a variety of technologies and languages and is able to coordinate and collaborate with other team members
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies
⚙️ Our Tech Stack
- Services built on Python, Golang & Nodejs
- Databases - MongoDB, RDS
- Deployments on EKS, EC2, Lambda Databricks and other AWS services
🎁 What we offer
Learn Generative AI & LLMs. We are aggressively building in this space and you'll get the opportunity to learn and experiment with the latest technologies
Fast paced Growth. You’ll get the chance to learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet.
Continuous education. As relentless seekers of knowledge, we sponsor and support any training materials, books, courses, exam fees for upskilling yourself in areas related to your role - but that's not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we're delighted to foot the tab.
Health insurance. Health always comes first. The health of your family is as important to us, as it is to you. We offer insurance coverage for both you and your family.
Flexible schedule. We're not a "clock in, clock out" company. Morning person? Start work while the world’s still sleeping. Night owl? Ramp things up while others are winding down. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates for a good chunk of the day.
Generous leave policy. Take all the time you need to recharge your batteries - no permission process or vacation allowance here. Because a rested, relaxed, and refreshed mind is a happy and effective mind.
From day 1, Prodigal has been defined by talented, humble, and hungry leaders and we want this mindset and culture to continue to blossom from top to bottom in the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to work in a fast-paced, intellectually-stimulating environment where you will be pushed to grow, then please reach out because we are looking to build a transformational company that reinvents one of the biggest industries in the US.
To learn more about us - please visit the following
What shapes our thinking