At Rootly, we are a mission to be the go-to way companies respond when things go wrong, helping every organization be more reliable. We do this by building an industry leading incident management platform that allows companies around the world consistently and quickly resolve incidents. We are not simply transforming an industry, we are carving an entirely new +$B segment ourselves and need incredible talent to achieve this ambitious goal together.
Customers love Rootly. Some of the fastest growing companies around the world such as NVIDIA, Figma, Canva, Tripadvisor, Squarespace and more rely on Rootly to power their critical incident management process. They obsess over our delightful enterprise-ready platform and unique partnership model. See why our customers have reviewed us 5 stars on G2.
Investors love Rootly. We are backed by some of the most respected funds in the world from Y Combinator to operators like the CTO of Dropbox and GitHub. We'd be happy to disclose our entire funding and profitability picture live during the interview. As a culture we relentlessly put transparency first. We conduct monthly financial reviews as a team so everyone has a pulse on the health of the business and publish what we are building in our weekly changelog.
About the Role
This is a ground floor opportunity to be the first Sales Development Manager at Rootly and help shape our trajectory. You will experience what being at a scrappy startup is like. You will help lay the foundation for the entire sales development process and help build and lead a high-performance sales development team. Your role will be critical in creating strategies in driving revenue growth by generating qualified leads, nurturing prospects, and establishing key relationships. Your expertise in sales development strategies, lead generation, and team management will play a pivotal role in the success of our sales efforts.
- Helping the team build a book of business across North America.
- Recruit, train, and mentor a results-oriented sales development team.
- Set clear performance objectives, provide ongoing coaching and feedback, and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement effective sales development processes, best practices, and methodologies.
- Drive the development and execution of targeted lead generation strategies to fill the sales pipeline.
- Collaborate with marketing and cross functional teams to optimize lead generation campaigns and initiatives.
- Identify and implement tools, technologies, and resources to enhance lead qualification and prospecting efforts.
- Ensure efficient and effective lead handoff to the sales team, maintaining clear communication and documentation.
- Develop and refine the sales development strategy, aligning it with overall sales goals and market trends.
- Analyze market segments and target audiences to identify ideal customer profiles and refine prospecting strategies.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to develop compelling/creative messaging and materials for lead outreach.
- Continuously assess and improve sales development processes to maximize conversion rates and overall efficiency.
- Implement and utilize sales development tools and CRM systems to track team performance and measure KPIs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record of success in managing and leading sales development teams, driving high-performance and achieving targets.
- Proven experience building and leading a Sales Development team.
- Loves becoming a product and domain expert to enable your team to take a consultative approach to selling at every touch point
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and ambiguous environment.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills - leading and managing newly formed sales development teams with a proven track record of successfully establishing and nurturing sales teams from the ground up.
- Strong understanding of sales development strategies, methodologies, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish relationships with prospects, team and drive.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and metrics to drive performance and make informed decisions.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and sales development tools, with the ability to leverage technology to optimize workflows.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- 3 weeks vacation + unlimited sick/mental health days + company-wide shutdown EOY
- M2 MacBook Pro of choice
- $1,000 for health and wellness
- $1,000 for home office
- $1,000 for visiting a teammate located in a different geography
- WeWork membership
- Weekly happy hour on Friday
- Learning and advancement budget at your discretion
- Annual retreat - at least once a year we gather together in person 🏝️
- Ground floor opportunity to be an early member of a fast growing venture-backed startup
Rootly is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create an environment where every team member at Rootly feels like they belong so they can have a greater impact on our business and customers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.