The Staff Engineering directly manages an engineering team, holding regular 1:1’s, guiding career growth and performance management of individual contributors. Additionally the Staff Engineer runs daily standup meetings ensuring timely delivery of roadmap projects while also ensuring engineering best practices are followed in order to release high quality software as quickly as possible to drive business value.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the iterative development process, from planning through releases and retrospectives
- Work closely with Product to prioritize engineering tasks
- Support product managers and tech leads implementing fixes and managing releases
- Plan and manage releases in conjunction with DRIs for maximum safety and resiliency
- Advocate for the engineering team’s and system’s needs
- Attract and retain top engineering talent
- Create an inclusive, high performing and collaborative engineering culture
- 3rd party vendor management, budgeting, security, system architecture
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading engineering teams
- 7+ years hands on software development in a modern stack
- Ability to architect, design and develop scalable data intensive systems (SQL)
- Fluent in the technologies in our stack: Elixir, React, or similar
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code systems such as Terraform, Pulumi, etc…
- Ability to streamline development and release processes using Docker
- Knowledge of best practices and insistence on delivering quality, well tested software
- Strong sense of ownership and attention to detail
- Experience working with and integrating Enterprise CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot)
- We hire only exceptional talent, you'll be joining a world-class team
- We are rapidly growing, we provide equity to all team members
- Competitive compensation
- We care about your total wellness, we offer a 401(k) plan w/ a generous matching contribution as well as comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- We understand the importance of family and time to recharge, we provide parental leave benefits, ample PTO (that we encourage you to use), and remote flexibility
- We are invested in your growth, we provide you resources for professional development
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- We’ve assembled one of the best teams you could possibly find in Austin. We like to imagine what’s possible, and then do it. Then learn from it. Then do it better. If this sounds like your kind of thing, we want you to join us!
Inclusion Promise: Rabbet embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are relentlessly committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Location: We are currently a fully remote team, so living in Austin is not a requirement. However, we do have an expectation for travel to Austin 3 days per quarter.