As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Regional Director, Fulfillment Operations
Location: Located/willing to relocate within 60 miles of Moreno Valley, California
The primary responsibility of the Regional Director, Fulfillment Operations is to plan, cultivate, and empower operations at all sites. This role will be the primary contact to ShipBob for matters that don’t fall into Control Tower, On-site Merchant Success Manager, and Partner Success Manager support. The Regional Director, Fulfillment Operations provides all the necessary support needed to remove barriers and help plan future operational excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow a region of ShipBob fulfillment centers as we continue to scale.
- Establish a robust set of KPIs for improvement as we work to support the business' growing capacity, complexity and demand, and hold the team accountable to those KPIs.
- Redesign our fulfillment processes, delivering tangible outcomes such as a doubling of outbound capacity and reduction in order cycle time.
- Develop and manage a regional team that can take ideas to implementation and activation within 4 weeks.
- Provide professional development for our leadership teams.
- Scope and approve capital improvements and investments in machinery, technology, and software such as conveyors, water tape machines, carton sealers, and a new WMS system.
- Navigate rapidly evolving rules/protocols within the e-commerce industry as this market continues to expand (i.e. fulfillment speed, carrier rules and delays, etc.)
- Work with our Merchant Care, Sales and Customer Service teams to establish internal SLA's that translate to exceptional merchant experience, customer guarantees and satisfaction scores.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of internal and external stakeholders on partner evaluations.
- Present a strategic growth plan for our fulfillment and logistics function, with considerations for monetizing under-utilized assets, taking on 3rd party clients, domestic and global expansion, etc.
- Other duties/responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in operations, logistics, supply chain, business or equivalent work experience.
- At minimum, 8-10 years of progressive operations, fulfillment, logistics, and warehouse management experience – we prefer a complex in-house operation.
- Experience in direct-to-consumer package fulfillment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel is a requirement – you must be an excel wizard.
- Deep experience with WMS systems and partnerships with product teams to build new functionalities & the ability to communicate your analysis and recommendations.
- You must love working with a team of highly dedicated, fast movers, who live by the motto “never a dull day”!
- A desire to get your hands dirty in a growing company where your work matters and is vital to our success.
- This role will require 10% travel to regional sites.
- Experience supplying Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) and/or managing Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) in your own fulfillment center if a plus.
Classification: Salaried/ Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director, Fulfillment Operations
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Equity
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $125,000 - $205,000.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.