Geomagical Labs is a visual AI R&D lab of IKEA.
Our product IKEA Kreativ lets customers scan 3D models of their indoor spaces, then refurnish then in life-like 3D --- changing home commerce along the way.
We have an opening for an ambitious and detail-oriented Technical Program Manager to coordinate and drive effectiveness of our Engineering, Product Development and Platform Operations initiatives globally. This highly-dynamic role requires strong cross-functional communication, organization, and planning for a highly technical product.
The ideal candidate has a background in large-scale web & mobile software engineering, strategic planning skills, and exposure to agile methodology.
This could be a great opportunity for a strategic and analytical leader to drive a high-visibility product to market, and build practical skills in mixed-reality, artificial intelligence, 3D graphics, and mass-scale consumer applications.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of project management or product development experience.
- Experience with software development in web, mobile, and cloud platforms.
- Proficient with Agile CICD methodologies, JIRA-based program management tools and standard devops environments.
- Excellent communication, organizational, written and analytical skills
- Excellent spreadsheet and data analysis skills.
- Start-up experience desired.
- BONUS: Scrum coaching experience may be helpful.
- BONUS: Experience with 3D graphics engineering.
- BONUS: Experience with visual AI/computer vision technologies.
- Lead global program management for a fast-paced software R&D team of 75 staff.
- Track product development, 3D asset production, and production operations.
- Lead roadmap planning, sprint planning, and cross-team workstream alignment.
- Work hand-in-hand with product managers & engineering leaders to keep technical projects on track, while strategically balancing futures roadmap with maintenance.
- Partner cross-functionally with multiple engineering disciplines, researchers, and designers to solve complex technical problems & process challenges.
- Coordinate with IKEA on successful integration & deployment of new products and capabilities, online and in-store.
- Track and drive key KPIs of operational excellence.
- Proactively identify problems, and processes to solve them.
- Be an influential voice for product development excellence and continually improving ways of working --- driving velocity, efficiency, camaraderie, and teamwork.
Key Cultural Attributes & Competencies
- In the details --- Analytical & highly organized planner; able to carefully manage complex workstreams.
- Owner --- Takes responsibility and accountability for key results to be delivered.
- Action-oriented --- Moves quickly but wisely to deliver positive outcomes, often in situations of uncertainty or conflicting priorities, without analysis paralysis.
- High-EQ communicator --- Influences positive outcomes through clear, empathetic & persuasive communication.
- Servant leader --- Focused on supporting the customer and their peers to get great outcomes. Humble and optimistic, with a good sense of humor.
This is a contract position, with possibilities to convert to full-time if the fit is right.
Contract rates of $60/hour to $120/hour depending on experience and location.