Our mission is to redefine how people work together online. We're not just making collaboration faster—we're crafting it to be the best.
Today we’re all using online platforms more than ever before - building, researching, learning, connecting etc. And we're not doing it alone. We're doing it together with other people and machines, turning the internet into the world's biggest team.
Yet, the web was built for solo voyages. We saw a shift when platforms like Figma and Google Docs brought a multiplayer approach, breaking down walls and inspiring seamless teamwork.
At Velt, we're taking it further. We're on a mission to infuse the magic of collaboration into the fabric of the web—one app at a time. We aim to erase the lines between online and offline co-working, crafting an environment where distance is irrelevant, and 'flow' is the norm.
Right now, more than half of work hours are spent on coordination and communication—less on creating. With Velt, we're setting out to reverse these figures, reducing time spent on logistical issues by over 90%. Imagine what we can create when we spend less time talking about work and more time doing it!
We're building a better web—a web for us, for our team, for everyone. Join us, and let's accelerate the future of web together 🚀
Velt SDK: JS SDK to add powerful collaboration experiences to your own product for your end-users. This helps you ship such experiences ridiculously fast, increase user growth and engagement.
Superflow: JS plugin to enable product, marketing and design teams to comment and collaborate directly on their websites. This helps them iterate and ship their products 10x faster.
Why you should join us
We are looking for someone who can hustle and is excited to go all in. This is not a 9-5 job. You will work harder than you’ve ever worked. We are working on very high impact products. This requires high velocity, low ego & lots of hunger. At Velt:
- You will have the front row seats to an incredible 0 to 1 journey. You will be one of the first 10 employees. You will help shape:
- Our engineering practices
- Our products
- Our company culture
- Our team
- You will work with the best team you’ve ever worked with.
- You will learn and grow faster than ever before.
- You will create your best work & shape the future of every shared experience on the web.
- Your code will get shipped to end users as soon as daily.
Your work will matter. You will have a direct large impact on the company and our customers.
What will be your charter:
- Build functional, beautiful & modular UI components that other developers feel inspired & compelled to embed into their products.
- Build futuristic & novel interactions and experiences that inspire creativity & collaboration. We want to outdo the experiences that likes of Figma & Slack have enabled.
Sample projects you will work on during your first 2 months:
- Build cutting edge realtime collaboration features that will be embedded into customer’s products.
- Build cutting edge async collaboration features that will be embedded into customer’s products.
- Improve the speed & performance of our features.
We are looking for the following four fits:
1. Startup stage fit:
- You have experience working independently with abstract problem statements.
- You have experience thriving in unstructured and ambiguous environment.
- You get excited about just delivering - whether it’s a juicy challenging problem or a dry boring problem.
- You have the ambition to be the best in your craft.
2. Problem fit:
- You are excited about the problem we are working on and have an opinion about the problem/solution.
3. Experience fit:
- You have overall SWE experience of atleast 3 years.
- You have worked at atleast one company for >2 years.
- You have deep understanding of modern web languages, API & frameworks.
- You have prior relevant experience of atleast 1 year building one of these:
- Real-time web apps.
- Web apps that enables experiences like creating, drawing or editing.
4. Culture fit:
- You prioritize speed over perfection.
- You can explain difficult concepts to a 5 yr old.
- You are kind and can find common ground in difficult scenarios.
- You are hungry to learn and grow extremely fast.
Submit the following when you apply:
- Why are you looking for a change right now?
- What excites you about the problem space and what is your point of view on that?
- Why are you the right fit?