Nook is a construction-tech startup based in Ho Chi Minh City that matches reliable, quality workers with construction projects on demand in Southeast Asia. Founded by two Harvard MBA students and a Vietnamese local with 10+ years of construction experience, Nook is solving the most pressing challenges faced by the construction industry in Vietnam.
We are a small and effective team united by our commitment to making a long-term impact in the Southeast Asia region. More importantly, Nook is a human-centric company. We care deeply about our customers, partners, and team members. It is the source of our competitive edge.
The Position and Responsibilities
We are looking for Backend engineers to join Nook to be a part of our development team in Ho Chi Minh City. The ideal candidate will have a strong fundamental grasp of computer science, a good technical foundation in software systems and architectures supporting complex products and a passion for working with start-up minded people, learning new technologies, and coding amazing solutions to hard problems.
- Modern backend technology with Java, Microservices (Micronaut), Domain Driven Design
- gRPC to communicate between services
- GraphQL to communicate with clients (This is a plus point)
- Rabbitmq, SNS to asynchronously communicate between services
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Elasticsearch for databases
What you'll be doing?
- Develop backend application and be a key contributor to our development team
- Ensure software development standards and practices are followed: full-coverage unit testing, solid Gitflow, and agile/scrum development process
- Identify and address risks, resolve issues, and conflicts to ensure quality control throughout the project life cycle
- Develop software with elegant design patterns that put security at the forefront of considerations with every line of code and interface decision
An ideal candidate for the Backend Engineer position hinges on the below qualifications:
- Experience with Microservices and Java (other languages like Go is fine)
- Solid fundamental in Computer Science.
- Detail-oriented and be able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem-solving abilities.
- Disciplined in creating and maintaining clear and concise code, API and system documents.
- Excellent written and oral professional communication and organizational skills. English ability is preferred but not required.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technology with minimal lag time.
At Nook, you will be part of a small, tight-knit, and highly effective team. We are fast, action-biased, and expect all teammates to be self-starters with a spirit for entrepreneurship.