U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED (Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
As Astranis's first Manager, Regulatory Strategy you will lead our research, filing, tracking, and executive communication regarding our International Telecommunication Union regulatory efforts. As Astranis begins launching satellites to connect millions around the world, we need to secure orbital slots and regulatory approvals. If you are detail oriented, a problem solver, and thrive in a fast paced environment you should apply - no regulatory experience is required!
- Work on mission-critical strategic projects that span commercial, technical, and operational functions
- Deliver end-to-end projects: from zero, to initial strategy, to implementation, to ongoing execution
- Learn everything there is to know about highly complex topics related to particular regulatory regimes in space -- e.g., the International Telecommunication Union rules around filing for orbital slots
- Develop knowledge that becomes a competitive advantage for the company, aggregating everything publicly available and supplementing with the input of our team of expert advisors
- Crank through vast quantities of unsexy work -- we need someone who can get their hands dirty
- 3+ years in a fast-paced career: consulting, banking, startups
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA or other Master's optional, technical degree preferred
- Extremely high bar for quality deliverables
- Proven ability to organize and synthesize complicated and incomplete datasets
- Proven ability to drive projects to completion, including the final 20% that's the hardest to complete
- Willingness to work extremely hard to help the company succeed
- Fast learner, with a demonstrated ability to learn about a technical topic down to first principles (no hand-waving)
- Proven ability to synthesize details into presentations for internal executives and external client partners
- Don't meet all these requirements? Apply anyways, let's talk.
- Technical expertise in any discipline
- Regulatory or wireless spectrum experience