The nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare is seeking an individual with graphic design and production management experience to manage all aspects of the design, layout, production, and digital workflow of the monthly issues of AAP News and other American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) professional periodicals and products.
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, journalism, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience required.
· At least three years’ related experience in newspaper, magazine, or brochure design and production required, including print and electronic prepress, and supervising staff or serving as a team lead.
· Experience working in an association or with medical content a plus.
· Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously within strict deadlines, take initiative, think creatively, work both independently and as part of a team, collaborate effectively with various internal and external constituents, and promote and maintain a positive and cooperative team-oriented work environment with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
· Excellent organizational, project management, analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal, diplomacy, customer service, and verbal/written communication skills required.
· Strong technical acumen essential with proficiency in Mac computer and peripherals, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Excel and Word, and basic HTML. Experience with email platforms (eg Real Magnet), content management systems, document collaboration platforms (eg, SharePoint) and virtual meeting platforms (eg, WebEx, Teams) preferred.
· Some evening/weekend work required.
**Submissions should include page design samples.
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
UA Production Artist/Graphic Designer, Michigan State UniversityFull Time Employment
Art Director, POSSIBLE®Full Time Employment
Graphic Designer - Overland Park, KS, WatcoFull Time Employment
Designer, GatesmanFull Time Employment
Senior Designer, Harley & Co.Full Time Employment
Let's simplify your job search. Receive your tailored set of opportunities today.Subscribe to our Jobs