Who are we?
We are Curri and our mission is to be the way the world delivers construction and industrial supplies. Curri provides on-demand, last-mile logistics for construction and adjacent industries with our nationwide fleet of cars, trucks, and flatbeds. Curri was founded in 2018 and was a part of the YC S19 Batch. Employees work out of our office in Ventura, CA, but the majority of our fast-growing start-up operates remotely, with over 100 employees spread across the United States. We're solving a massive, global problem of inefficiency in the construction industry. We imagine a world of efficient construction sites resulting in a net win for the entire world. Find out more at curri.com.
Our explosive growth in the past 3 years have lead us to grow an incredible team, and we’re looking to expand our reach with a uniquely talented Sales Manager/ Director.
The Sales Manager / Director at Curri is tasked with leading an existing team of Account Executives located across the country, while also working to grow our unique customer base. Curri works with distributors across several different verticals such as Electrical, Plumbing, Paint, Automotive, etc, and the Sales Manager will be responsible for strategic planning and execution for the team. Aside from leading the Sales team, the Sales Manager will also be responsible for bringing on net new customers of their own.
- Lead, coach, and develop an existing team of Account Executives
- Analyze data regularly to make effective sales decisions for the company
- Understand market and geographical trends to help tailor conversations accordingly
- Work closely with other departments to ensure an efficient internal process and great customer experience
- Build deep, consultative relationships with distributor contacts, with a “keeping a customer for life” mentality.
- Facilitate relationships between other Curri team members and contacts from the account. Establish Curri as the default expert and go-to for any last-mile construction and industrial delivery challenges.
- Identify the best Curri service offerings for each account and help the prospects understand how their companies and customers can benefit from Curri products
- Create and implement strategies for account growth, leveraging partnerships and resources available from departments like Account Operations, Enterprise, and Marketing
- Provide feedback to Curri Engineering and Operations teams to grow and evolve Curri’s product offering to meet customer needs
- Prospect and source new accounts across assigned accounts and within verticals (plumbing, Electrical, Roofing and Paint)
- Grow an accounts base from a provided funnel of leads and MQLs.
- 5+ years of relevant B2B sales experience
- The ability to take full ownership of accounts that are handed off and proactively manage and grow them
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be experienced in managing high-profile client accounts while building and forecasting revenue growth.
- Ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive and positive manner
- Openness to receiving feedback and quickly adjusting to apply the recommendations
- Familiarity with remote meeting tools as well as experience with remote and in-person meetings with corporate-level accounts
- Ability to summarize data and trends for internal and external reports and presentations
- Specific industry experience in building materials, distribution, and logistics is a plus
- Proven record of quota achievement
- An understanding of the building trades is a plus
- Extensive use of CRM required (Hubspot)
- Demonstrate skills in developing relationship from lead to maturity
- Territory and/or trade show travel