AppLovin’s leading marketing software platform provides app developers with a powerful, integrated set of solutions to solve their mission-critical functions like user acquisition, monetization and measurement. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin was named one of the Hottest Adtech Companies of 2021 by Business Insider, as well as a Certified Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2022. Fortune recognized AppLovin as one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2022, alongside The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal who have also awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work for the past four years. Our team members are regularly recognized for their work and leadership, including recent award wins for San Francisco Business Times’ Outstanding LGBTQ+ Leaders 2022, Business Insider’s Rising Stars of Adtech 2022, Glassdoor’s Top CEOs 2019, and the Women in Content Marketing Awards 2021.
About the Role:
AppLovin’s Brand and Marketing Design Team is looking for a talented Web Designer to support our portfolio of brands. This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact at a key stage in our growth—both at a team and company level. You will be responsible for creating design systems, along with a variety of brand/marketing initiatives ranging from website redesigns, SEM landing pages, newsletters/emails, interactive reports, and more. The Web Designer role will be supported and guided by our Sr. Designer, Web, and other skilled and humble creatives to help you navigate marketing requests/briefs and create strong and impactful designs that put the end-user first.
**To be considered for this position, you must include your resume and portfolio.
- You are seasoned in web design (both UX/UI) and understand the nuances that create valuable interactive experiences
- You are a self-starter, optimistic, creative, willing to be flexible, and can work both individually and as a part of a growing and talented team
- You find joy in solving UX problems, understanding the target audience, always putting users in mind, and making things more usable on every level
- You are detail oriented, especially when it comes to typography and hierarchy
- You can facilitate meaningful conversations between design and development
- You have great written and verbal communication skills—you can be clear and down to earth
- You are a learner and interested in understanding how the business works in a way to help you translate business and marketing goals into clear, executable recommendations
- You take feedback well (and not personally) in a way that allows for collaboration and elevation
- You are confident in presenting and/or growing your presentation skills
- Create, contribute to, and maintain design systems, particularly using Figma
- Concept, wireframe, sketch, and design layouts for small and large marketing initiatives (webpages, SEM landing pages, emails/newsletters, interactive reports, and more)
- Partner directly with creative leads to brainstorm and concept ideas swiftly and thoughtfully
- Work closely with marketing leads to ensure on-brand execution and on-time deliverables
- Collaborate with our web developers to oversee the implementation of designs
- Utilize Asana as the primary tool for internal communication, status updates, delivery of files, and project management
- Present in written or verbal form to stakeholders and partners
- Continued research into UX/UI trends and current design strategies and technology
- Utilize collaborative communication tools like Slack, Miro, Figma, Loom, and others to work closely with team members across projects and time zones
- A thoughtfully presented portfolio, showing the ability to think conceptually and strategically
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, media arts, illustration, animation, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience3-5 years of professional digital design experience, with an emphasis on web design
- Experience working on brand and marketing teams, highly preferred
- Mastery of basic design principles such as typography, composition, scale, etc
- Knowledgeable in responsive design and grid principles
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Bonus if you use or have used Asana to manage projects and communicate with team members
- Ability to grasp multiple design requirements with careful attention to detail
- Proficiency using Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, HotJar (or other metric web tools)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing