Head of Finance
[More about the company, team, culture and benefits] (https://www.notion.so/Careers-at-NALA-514db57da53c48f78ca10536737811a0?pvs=21)
🔑 Key Information
Role Title: Head of Finance
Manager Role: COO
Accessibility: We want every interview to be as comfortable so you can focus on showing us as much of you as possible. Our interviews are typically conducted via Zoom. If there are adjustments we can make to assist you in the hiring process, please do let us know in the application.
🎯 Your responsibilities in this role
- Leading the finance function at NALA. This includes everything from tax, accounting, FP&A, etc.
- Leading strategic and financial planning processes (monthly reviews, forecasts, annual budget, long range plan) assisting with decision-making regarding resource allocation and prioritization
- Managing an existing finance team of 4 and building-out a world-class finance function
- Building and owning financial forecast models, including scenario and in-depth ad hoc analyses
- Helping department owners and the executive team by developing frameworks giving deep insights into revenue, FX spread, margins across countries and more
- Identifying, driving and measuring growth and profitability initiatives including setting pricing, improving margins, assessing new products and regions, acquisition targets, large deals and contracts
- Managing debt, company cash, and supporting investment and financing rounds.
🔥 Must have job requirements
- 7+ years of experience in banking, fintech, or other relevant field.
- Previous experience in a similar role (Finance & Strategy, Financial Planning and Analysis, Strategic Finance)
- Strong quantitative and technical skills including financial modelling and data analysis using SQL, MS Excel, Python, etc.
- Deep working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards
- Track record of delivering results in a cross-functional fast-paced environment
- A degree in STEM/Finance/Economics from a top university
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or other relevant industry certifications, or MBA from a top-tier institution
💪 Nice to have job requirements
- Experience in a fast-growing start-up
- In addition to English you can speak Swahili or French
✅ How to apply
- Please apply via our careers portal 👉 Click Here