Instrumentl is growing our team! We’re scaling our CS team and hiring a Senior Customer Success Manager to help our customers (nonprofits and grant writers) achieve their goals while using Instrumentl.
If you are motivated by customer happiness and success and excited to join a mission-driven company, then this role is made for you. This person will play a pivotal role on our Customer Success team.
We hope to bring you on as a Senior Customer Success Manager, and then have you grow into our Customer Success Team Lead, where you will build your own team and lead the CS & Support function.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing, profitable SaaS company that has already scaled to 2,100+ customers. Join us!
Instrumentl (YC S16) is the best platform for nonprofits and grant writers looking to grow revenue. Through a personalized process, grant seekers can discover, research, and track their grants all in one place.
Our mission is to be a force multiplier on the nonprofit sector. We’re profitable and doubling year-over-year, with strong product-market fit (NPS is 60+).
At Instrumentl, we pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work - if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement world-class one-to-many customer experiences that scale
- Build, lead and rapidly implement tests on broader Customer Success strategy to reduce the time to value for customers
- Identify and execute targeted renewal and upsell campaigns to drive customer retention and expansion
- Take on primary ownership and accountability for meeting and exceeding customer satisfaction, adoption, retention, and expansion goals within your book of business
- Manage the full customer journey, from onboarding new customers to driving engagement, fostering customer advocacy, and ensuring renewals
- Contribute to the Instrumentl Knowledge Base by regularly authoring, editing, and updating documentation such as KB articles, guides, community FAQs, product documentation, etc. in collaboration with our Associate Support Specialist
- Handle customer escalations and interact directly with customers
- Be the voice of customers across the company, especially when collaborating with product and other revenue teams
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of Customer Success Management and/or Account Management experience in a SaaS environment, preferably in a Scale CSM role managing 100+ accounts
- Experience using efficient CS methods in a low ACV environment (less than $15K) and managing onboarding processes that combine human interaction and self-service tools
- Strong business acumen where you can answer unstructured business questions and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to drive projects to conclusion
- Resourcefulness where you are comfortable figuring things out on your own once given general direction and parameters for guidance
- Ability to design, build, and lead customer engagement and community programs that turn users into vocal advocates
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Passion for Instrumentl’s mission and the work done by the nonprofit community
- Bonus: experience serving as a de facto team lead or pod leader within a broader Customer Success team
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO policy, including parental leave
- Company laptop + $500 to set up your home workstation
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with incredible organizations doing meaningful work, and you get to help power their success.
You should apply if:
- You want to help nonprofits force multiply their ability to create impact
- You want to be an early team member on a Customer Success team at an early-stage startup and employee #27
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and wearing many hats at once
- You exhibit a growth mindset every day and take feedback in stride
Why join Instrumentl?
At Instrumentl, we are lucky to kick it every day with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines educating kids, saving endangered species, and restoring watersheds. In helping them take advantage of Instrumentl’s technology, you’re helping them move the world forward.
You’ll be the 27th member of our small but mighty team, playing a huge role in shaping our culture for the years and teammates to come.
Instrumentl is evolving rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role - you won’t be bored!
Ready to apply?
Submit a cover letter or a 5-minute Loom video addressing:
- Your past experience related to the responsibilities of this job. Please be specific.
- 3 traits and examples that make you an ideal candidate for this position
- Include the word moxie in your proposal to show you read this from start to finish!
Along with your cover letter or Loom video, please attach your CV or resume.