Data is a core advantage of OTT/Unicast TV over traditional broadcast. As platform operator we know exactly what content our users watch, how popular a show is and how many seconds of each and every ad campaign is viewed. With roughly 3 million active users every month the data we collect from them allows for efficient and precise business processes and data based decision making.
At Zattoo, we already leverage a lot of our data (we process 6TB daily!) and still want to do more. We want to build day to day business decisions more on hard facts and less on gut feeling. Therefore we are searching for an experienced Big Data Engineer (f/m/x) to join our motivated and growing data team. You will be shaping the big data architecture in this company and building data components that change the way data is leveraged in this company!
We are a diverse set of people ranging from data engineers to data and product analysts and machine learning scientists. We love bringing more value out of our data for the organisation and truly drive data based decision making in all divisions and for our customers. We are a bit nerdy and understand the heart of our business operations and our stakeholders to do our job well.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- In the lead role you take over the technical leadership of a team of experts in the area of Data Engineering
- Champion data engineering best practices and design principles organisation
- Collaborate with engineering to enable data based decision making and data based products and evolve the data architecture at Zattoo
- Build, maintain, and tune highly scalable event streaming, and batch pipelines
- Manage and evolve our cloud based and on premises Data Warehouses (BigQuery, Clickhouse) with very high near-time data volume
- Be the in house expert on systems, processes and software to best track, store, process and access data
- Design and evolve our data processing pipeline to feed analytical needs and data products ranging from self service analytics to machine learning modules
- Set high standards for quality, data governance, stability and robustness of the data and processes
WHY JOIN US?
- Masters’ degree in Computer Science or related studies
- 5+ years experience working as a Data Engineer and at least 1 year of data engineering leadership
- Passion for data and impactful decision making
- Experience building and managing batch data pipelines following CI-CD best practices
- Knowledge of Airflow or other workflow management tools
- Understanding of real time streaming frameworks (like Beam and Flink) with experience in Kafka
- Excellent programming skills in Python and SQL
- Experience with cloud based data warehouses (preferably GCP) and analytical technologies
- Experience with dbt and some data lineage tools
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Strong collaboration skills with internal data stakeholders
At Zattoo, you’re always on firm ground with real freedom to explore. You’ll have the support and opportunity you need to go far, while you’re helping us create a sustainable and entertainment-filled future for all.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Reward: strong market competitive salary
- Recharge: 30 days vacation plus public holidays
- Regulate: trust based flexible working hours and the option to do remote work worldwide for up to 8 weeks per year
- We’re sharing: Free access to the best streaming experience on the market
- We're developing: Your own development budget, German classes and Zattoo all-company hack days
- We’re inclusive: ‘Zattooies’ are a fun, engaged, and diverse team made up of 47 nationalities
- We’re healthy: Health checks, team sports, organic fruit, vegan options and more!
- We’re responsible: We are carbon neutral, an active employee Green team, discounted BVG tickets and free bike rentals
- We’re sociable: A calendar of events with fireside chats, lunches, in-house bar, BBQ’s, monthly socials, summer party and an annual off-site event