As a part of the engineering team, you will be building the backend infrastructure for our credit product, mainly integrating with banking and debt providers, and automating data collection and analysis for our credit risk models. We're looking for someone who thrives on solving difficult backend problems, and putting new features in front of users.
As one of our first few hires, you will be an integral part of our team, working directly with the founders and C-suite execs on a day-to-day basis. You will be a part of key strategic decisions and directly responsible for architecting and implementing systems that shape our BNPL credit product and impact our customers directly.
We are looking for motivated self-starters who are ready to roll their sleeves and get to work. While we have a list of basic qualifications, we ask that you think of it more as general guidelines and not hard requirements. We are open to hearing from you if you think you have what it takes to get the job done.
We value drive and willingness to learn over your previous titles or the number of years of work experience on your resume. We’d like it if you bring a fresh, new perspective to the table and speak your mind. Basic skill sets or educational qualifications that will be needed to get the job done, listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Professional experience in web development is a must; proficiency using version control systems such as Git; querying language such as SQL, code editors such as Atom, or Visual Studio.
- A desire to design and build lending and banking products from scratch. Simply speaking, Buy Now Pay Later products are what Millennials, and Gen Z use in place of credit cards to make purchases or pay their bills. You will be designing the core backend infrastructure for the next generation of BNPL products.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is essential. While the majority of your work will be back-end development in the early days, there will be plenty of opportunities to wear many hats. Front-end development, product development, design, marketing, customer service — you can drive cross-functional projects and dip your toes in anything that excites you!
- Self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve difficult problems and work independently when necessary.
While we're a small company, we're growing fast and present the perfect opportunity for you to grow with us! Depending on your interests and future company trajectory, you can pursue one of the following growth paths:
- Build and lead your own software engineering team
- Progress to specialized senior role in one of these areas: backend, frontend, mobile app development
What We Use
The basic stuff we use today. This will be evolving over time and you will be able to add and grow this tech stack over time.
- Application deployment: Github, Heroku, AWS
- Data Engineering: Ruby, SQL
- Code Editor: Atom, VS Code
- Competitive pay 💵
- Wellness benefit including reimbursement for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses or premiums for obtaining health, dental, vision insurance from all major providers in the U.S. 🧘♀️
- Remote work opportunities 🏖
- We will provide you a MacBook to work and build with us 💻
- We sponsor visas for internationals for all full-time positions. You must be currently residing in the U.S. to be eligible 🛂